Clarksville, TN Online: News, Opinion, Arts & Entertainment.


Tandoor gutted in Sunday blaze

 

tandoorthumbnail.gifClarksville lost a premier dining spot Sunday afternoon when Tandoor went up in flames. Owner Nasir Hakeem reported that he “smelled,” investigated, and found an exterior sign on fire.

The flames spread through the attic and roof, spreading across the building and ultimately causing an estimated $150,000 in damage. The restaurant was open at the time of the fire but all staff and diners escaped without injury.

Hakeem had designed and built the restaurant, which is adjacent to the Governor Square Mall on Wilma Rudolph Boulevard. The restaurant also featured a smoking of “hookah” room.

Tandoor, which specialized in the cuisine of India, used tandoor ovens to make their exotic and delicious breads (naan) and other dishes. Clarksville Online reviewed Tandoor (3.7.07).

Tandoor was one of three distinctly unique and exceptional restaurants in the city. We hope Hakeem finds it possible to rebuild; he and his restaurant have been an asset to the city and the loss of this dining spot leaves a gap that will be difficult, if not impossible, to fill.


Sections

Business, News

Topics

, ,

Comments

You must be logged in to post a comment.


  • Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On TwitterVisit Us On GooglePlusVisit Us On PinterestVisit Us On YoutubeCheck Our FeedVisit Us On Instagram
  • Personal Controls

    Archives