- Clarksville, TN Online - http://www.clarksvilleonline.com -

Clarksville, TN Online: News, Opinion, Arts & Entertainment.

Small Fire at Kenwood High School today

Posted By News Staff On Tuesday, January 17, 2012 @ 5:02 pm In News | No Comments

The Clarksville-Montgomery County School SystemMontgomery County, TN – There was a small fire in an English classroom at Kenwood High School around 11:00am today. The fire was extinguished but all students were evacuated and the Clarksville Fire Department did respond. No one was injured.

The fire department gave the ok for students to go into the gym.

Meanwhile, they are working to clear the building of smoke and dust from the extinguisher. The fire started from an electrical outlet and apparently nothing was plugged into it. Our safety and mechanical staff were looking into the cause of the fire.

Parents were called through the notification system and told that if they had concerns for their students who may have asthma or breathing complications, they were welcome to pick their child up from school. School was not being dismissed, however.

Students were allowed to return to class at 12:30pm according to the fire marshal. Servepro was brought in to clean the two affected classes. Maintenance removed the window to vent.


Article printed from Clarksville, TN Online: http://www.clarksvilleonline.com

URL to article: http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/2012/01/17/small-fire-at-kenwood-high-school-today/

URLs in this post:

[1] Facebook: http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/2012/01/17/small-fire-at-kenwood-high-school-today/?share=facebook

[2] Twitter: http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/2012/01/17/small-fire-at-kenwood-high-school-today/?share=twitter

[3] Google: http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/2012/01/17/small-fire-at-kenwood-high-school-today/?share=google-plus-1

[4] Pinterest: http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/2012/01/17/small-fire-at-kenwood-high-school-today/?share=pinterest

© 2008 Clarksville Tennessee Online