Topic: House fire
Montgomery County, TN – Montgomery County Animal Care and Control (MCACC) responded to a house fire on November 26th, 2016 and took into custody 54 dogs and 2 geckos.
Of the 54 dogs, there were 21 puppies, 30 intact female breeding dogs and 3 intact male breeding dogs. All the animals suffered a wide variety of health issues – some minor, like fleas and overgrown nails, and some severe, such as blindness, heart murmurs and more.
Montgomery County, TN – Montgomery County Animal Care and Control desperately needs Volunteers for Sunday, November 27th!
Animal Control responded to a house fire this evening and placed 56 animals into protective custody. Unfortunately 10 animals perished in the fire.
MCACC needs volunteers to assist in cleaning and feeding the shelter animals tomorrow, while the shelter staff takes care of all the protective custody animals.
Thanksgiving is the Leading Day for Home Fires Involving Cooking Equipment
Nashville, TN – As families prepare to gather for Thanksgiving Day feasts this Thursday, November 24th, the Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO) urges Tennesseans to avoid careless cooking habits that can lead to fires.
Cooking safety is a key component to the SFMO’s recently launched holiday safety campaign, developed in response to an annual increase of home fires during the holiday season.
“The excitement of a Thanksgiving get-together can lead to distractions for holiday cooks,” said State Fire Marshal and Commerce & Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak.
Nashville, TN – ‘Tis the season for cheerful decorations, family gatherings, and…home fires? Unfortunately, the holiday season means greater risks of fire hazards as homeowners spend more time indoors in kitchens and installing electrical holiday decorations.
The State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO) announces today a new safety campaign to spread awareness of holiday fire risks and the ways they can be avoided. The campaign was launched in response to an annual increase of home fires during the holiday season.
Nashville, TN – Cooler temperatures settling into the Volunteer State this week have many Tennesseans turning on heating sources they have been dormant for months. The State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO) urges consumers to take safety measures to avoid fire and carbon monoxide hazards that can result from household heating appliances.
’”The change in the weather has historically resulted in a spike in homes fire and home fire-related injuries and deaths,” said State Fire Marshal and Commerce & Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak. “It’s of utmost importance for Tennesseans to keep safety in mind when heating their homes.”
Nashville, TN – The Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO) reminds Tennesseans to take the time to check their smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when turning clocks back one hour this Sunday, November 6th, 2016.
“As Daylight Saving Time comes to an end, we encourage citizens to use the extra hour gained to change the batteries in their smoke alarms,” said State Fire Marshal and Commerce & Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak. “In addition, we remind Tennesseans that any smoke alarm 10 years old or older should be replaced entirely.”
Nashville, TN – Daylight Savings Time ends Sunday, November 6th, 2016 and the American Red Cross reminds everyone to ‘turn’ their clocks back an hour and ‘test’ the batteries in their smoke alarms.
The Red Cross recommends that all Tennessee residents have working smoke alarms on every level of their home, including inside and outside bedrooms.
Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office says Cooking Remains Leading Cause of Home Fires for Fifth Straight Year
Nashville, TN – The State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO) urges Tennesseans to be mindful in the kitchen as fire data shows cooking to be the leading known cause of reported home fires, civilian injuries, and property loss in Tennessee for the fifth consecutive year.
Twenty-nine percent of reported Tennessee home structure fires in 2015 involved cooking equipment. Those 2,077 fires resulted in seven fatalities, 44 civilian injuries, and over $11 million of direct property damage according to the Tennessee Fire Incident Reporting System.
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville Fire, Police, and Emergency Medical Services handled numerous serious calls-for-service overnight, beginning at 7:48pm with a report of a shooting at a residence on Lincoln Drive.
A 24-year-old man was transported by ambulance for a gunshot wound to the left thigh. The man reportedly shot himself by accident while cleaning a firearm.
Officers were dispatched to a shooting at a residence on Ryder Avenue at 2:22am Saturday. Numerous witnesses gave conflicting stories, but the shooting may have stemmed from a prior altercation at a nearby convenience store.
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville District One patrol officers and Clarksville Fire/Rescue units responded to a house fire on Brook Mead Drive at 6:08pm, Saturday, February 13th, 2016.
Officers determined that nobody was inside the residence and that a relative of the homeowner had already rescued all of the pets before the first officer arrive at 6:11pm.
Now playing at the Movies
Showtime information provided by Discover Clarksville.
© 2006-2016 Clarksville, TN Online is owned and operated by residents of Clarksville Tennessee.