On Tuesday July 24, 2007 the Community of Clarksville TN. will come together for a “Stop the Violence Community Forum”
This will be a wonderful opportunity for the community to come together, listen, learn and most important, heal from some of the emotions felt by recent gun violence and the lives we have lost in our community.
The forum will take place at: New Providence United Methodist Church, 1317 Fort Campbell Blvd Clarksville, TN from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Moderator & Keynote Speaker Pastor Tommy Vallejos, Director of the Hispanic Organization for Progress & Education (H.O.P.E.)
The event will be a special presentation on Gang Awareness.
Special Guest Panelists:
- TN State Representative Joe Pitts
- Clarksville Mayor Johnny Piper (invited)
- Interim Clarksville Police Chief Al Ansley
- Jimmie Garland Sr., President Clarksville NAACP
- Clarksville City Council Members
- Leaders from the Faith Community
- Rev. Marvin Barner, Director The Ripple Foundation
- Gabe Segovia, Concerned Citizen
- Kenneth Albritton, Community Activist
Free & Open to the Public
HOSTED BY THE URBAN RESOURCE CENTER, Mr. Terry McMoore, Director. For more information please contact Terry McMoore at (931) 552-9076 or (931) 378-1999
This is something that this community needs very much! There is so much irrational rhetoric bouncing around this community a this time. Cool heads and rational thinking are the tools that will prevail in this situation. Terry, thanks for getting this done! This is an example of “active citizenship at work!”
All involved are to be commended! Bravo!!!!!!!