Head Start registration for the 2008-09 school will be held on March 25-26, according to Annette Presley-DuPree, Family Services Manager.
The CMCCAA-Head Start program is part of a national child development program designed to provide comprehensive services in the areas of health, education, social services, and parent involvement to economically disadvantaged families.
Please complete the attached enrollment pre-application and bring it with you to registration. Also, bring the following documents to registration so that your eligibility status can be determined:
Documentation for the registration process includes the following:
- Proof of family income (most recent tax return or pay stubs for 12 consecutive months prior to application date)
- Proof of receipt of Families First and/or Food Stamps, if received within the last 12 months
- Child’s birth certificate
- IEP or IFSP if the child has a documented learning disability
- Health insurance card (Not required at registration, but will speed the registration process)
If your child is determined eligible and offered a slot in a Head Start classroom, you will be asked to provide the following additional documentation:
- Child’s health insurance card
- Child’s Tennessee Immunization Certificate (yellow immunization car which includes the next dose date)
- Child’s current physical exam with a current date no later than September 2007.
- Child’s current dental exam with a current date no later than September 2007.
- Extra points will be given to applicants that turn in current physical, dental and up-to-date immunizations at the time of registration. (10 points per document)
The selection process for the 2008-2009 school year will begin in July. The school year will then begin in August.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Head Start administrative offices at (931) 648-5774.