The Clarksville-Montgomery County “League Of Voter Empowerment” (L.O.V.E.), a not-for-profit voters club, and its President, Terry McMoore, have endorsed the following candidates listed below for the November 4 General Election. The candidates were selected during the monthly L.O.V.E. breakfast meeting.
The League’s mission statement says the group “will endorse and vote for the candidates that we believe best support our agenda and we will work to vote out the elected officials that we know do not have the best interest of their constituents in mind.
During the last election season, nine candidates on the ballot endorsed by L.O.V.E. won their races and are still representing their constituency today. The League encourages everyone to cast your their vote on Election Day; “your vote is your voice!”
The League Of Voter Empowerment endorsements are:
- President of the United Sates: Barack Obama
- United States Senate: Robert D. Tuke
- United States House Of Representatives 7th congressional district: Randy G. Morris
- United States House Of Representatives 8th congressional district: John Tanner
- Tennessee Senate 22nd senatorial district: Tim Barnes
- Tennessee House Of Representatives 67th representative district: Joe Pitts
- Tennessee House Of Representatives 78th representative district: David W. Davidson
- City Judge: Charles Smith
- City Council Ward 3: Vincent S. Kruk
- City Council Ward 4: Edward Fowler
- City Council Ward 5: Candy Johnson
- City Council Ward 8: David Cutting
- City Council Ward 9: Joel Wallace
- City Council Ward 12: Jeff Burkhart
The League Of Voter Empowerment does not support the following referendum question:
REFERENDUM: Shall Resolution 08-7-2, which increases the local Motor Vehicle Privilege Tax for Education from Thirty Dollars ($30.00) to Fifty Dollars ($50.00) to be appropriated to the Clarksville Montgomery County School System’s Transportation Fund be approved?