Clarksville, TN – Students scheduled to graduate in December from Austin Peay State University will have an opportunity next month to participate in Grad Finale, an event designed to make sure all preparations have been made for fall commencement.
Grad Finale will be from 2:00pm–6:00pm, October 11th and from 10:00am-2:00pm, October 12th, both in the Morgan University Center Ballroom.
Students need to bring a form of identification, including their student I.D. or driver’s license, with them to this event.
Austin Peay State University Graduation
The following offices will provide information at Grad Finale:
- The Office of the Registrar will answer questions regarding completion of degree requirements, honors, diplomas and transcripts. A student’s eligibility for graduation also will be checked.
- The Business Office will be able to answer questions related to account balances. Graduation fees will need to be paid in the Business Office in the Browning Administration Building prior to Grad Finale: $25.00, associate; $30.00, bachelor’s; and $35.00 for master’s.
- Senior Exit Exam is mandatory for any student receiving his or her first bachelor’s degree; registration will be offered.
- The University Bookstore will display items such as diploma frames. Students will be able to pick up caps and gowns when they present their graduation fee receipt from the Business Office.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid will answer questions about financial matters such as student loan repayments.
- The College of Graduate Studies will assist students receiving graduate degrees. Information about APSU’s graduate programs and how to enroll also will be available for undergraduates.
- Career Services Office will answer questions about job search assistance, transitioning from academics into the workforce, resume writing aid and mock interview opportunities.
- The National Alumni Association and Alumni Ambassadors will welcome students as APSU alumni.
- The Governors Club will offer information about membership.
- The Office of Enrollment Management and Academic Support will answer questions about commencement, scheduled for Friday, December 17th in the Dunn Center.
- The Offices of Student Affairs and Student Life and Leadership will be handing out graduation gift bags at Grad Finale rather than at the actual commencement ceremony.
- Student Publications will be pre-selling the 2010-11 yearbook and shooting photos of graduates for both the yearbook and the video screens at graduation.
- The APSU Department of Communication will take orders for commencement ceremony DVD’s.
- Jostens will have graduation items for purchase including announcements and invitations. Students may place orders for class rings.
In addition, door prizes will be given away, and refreshments provided.
For more information about Grad Finale, call the Office of Enrollment Management and Academic Support at 931-221-6540.
TopicsAPSU, APSU Business Office, APSU Career Services Office, APSU College of Graduate Studies, APSU Department of Communications, APSU Governor's Club, APSU Graduation, APSU Office of Enrollment Management and Academic Support, APSU Office of Student Financial Aid, APSU Office of the Registrar, APSU Offices of Student Affairs and Student Life and Leadership, APSU Senior Exit Exam, APSU Student Publications, APSU University Bookstore, Austin Peay State University, Dunn Center, Fall Commencement, Jostens, Morgan University Center Ballroom