Clarksville, TN – APSU Public Safety received a report of an attempted armed robbery on campus. The suspect is describe as a black male of light completion, wearing jeans with distinctive trim, sunglasses and possibly a green in color hat. The suspect fled in a late model vehicle when others approached. The university community is reminded to remain constantly aware of your surroundings and to become familiar with safety tips for walking or jogging alone.
Public Safety is currently conducting an investigation into this matter. If anyone has any information regarding this incident, contact APSU Public Safety at 931.221.7786 and also be cognizant that if you are not in possession or in close proximately of a phone, you are urged to use the blue emergency telephones located throughout the campus or call 911 should you ever feel you need assistance. Also, the Public Safety offers escorts in the event that anyone feels unsafe or requires assistance.
Don’ fall into the “It can’t happen to me” syndrome!
- Know how to defend yourself. Tak a reputable Self defense class
- Develop a plan of action.
- Avoid walking alone, especially at night.
- Walk with confidence . LOOK alert. BE alert.
- If you feel you’re being followed, go to a populated place.
- If confronted, make noise. YELL! Don’t panic.
- If attacked, use your adrenaline to your advantage. Use your plan
- If attacked, give a full description to police as soon as possible.
Public Safety offers various programs on Safety. More Information on programming can be viewed at the following link: