Austin Peay State University
Clarksville, TN – The Office of Public Relations and Marketing at Austin Peay State University won five awards during the Tennessee College Public Relations Association spring conference and awards contest held May 17th-18th at Middle Tennessee State University.
TCPRA – an alliance of communicators across the state representing public and private colleges and universities, technical schools, technology centers and community colleges – awarded gold, silver and bronze distinctions in various writing, design, publication and photography categories. More than 150 entries were received for the contest period between April 1st, 2011, and March 31st, 2012.
The University’s PR office captured the following Awards
- Silver in the College/Alumni Magazine – Printed category for the Fall 2011 issue of Austin Peay alumni magazine.
- Silver, Video Advertisement/PSA Series category for the “Opportunities” campaign.
- Bronze, Postcard/Invitation category for Candlelight Ball invitations.
- Bronze, Specialty Item category for the University’s military coin.
- Bronze, Photography category for photos associated with an alumni magazine story, titled “The Mabry Legacy.”
Those attending the conference were Bill Persinger, executive director of Public Relations and Marketing; Dr. Melony Shemberger, assistant director of communication; Michele Tyndall, manager of printing services and projects; and Charles Booth, staff writer.