Clarksville, TN – Downtown Clarksville’s 7th Annual Frolic on Franklin: A Celebration of the Arts will take place Saturday, September 15th from 9:00am-4:00pm. The free event will showcase the works of 26 local and regional artists along the 100 block of historic Franklin Street.
A variety of original artwork and crafts will be on display including jewelry and beaded items, pottery, paintings, woodwork, ceramics, glass items, fabric items, photography, garden and seasonal items, and more. Items will be for sale with prices ranging from $2 – $2,000.Several artists are expected to provide demonstrations of their work at their booths including working on a knitting loom, weaving and wire wrapping, Japanese style painting, using lathes for woodwork, jewelry making, kids craft tables, as well as watercolor and acrylic painting.
Participating artists and their works include:
- 2 Old Biddies – crocheted items, wall art and metal work
- A Stich or Two – folk dolls, scarves, embroidered and fabric items, beaded flatware
- Back to Earth Creations – handmade jewelry
- Captured by Grant – photography
- Carolyn Rogers – fabric items
- Clarksville-Montgomery Co. Arts & Heritage Development Council – “Color Clarksville” coloring books, heritage license plates
- Creative Cutters Corner & Crafts – handmade cards, gifts, party favors
- Curious Cases and Photography – vintage renewed suitcases, photography
- Downtown Artists Cooperative – original oil, watercolor, acrylic and mixed media art, photography, cards and jewelry
- Frank Lott – original watercolors, pastels and prints
- Friends of Photography – photographs
- Hot Tart Creations – bracelets, stockings, wine bags and other fabric items
- LNM Creations – ceramic garden ornaments, photo notecards
- Made With Love – handmade and beaded jewelry
- Mia’s Creations – outdoor and indoor wooden art
- Mishmash Ladies – wreaths, paintings, lace pottery and mixed media
- Pocket Charm Purses & Bags – fabric handbags and totes
- That Creative Touch – wooden tile and glass pendants, beaded bracelets, kids crafts
- Thornton Pottery – pottery
- Tuckessee Wood Turners – various wood-turned items
- Twisted Creations – bottle cap and handcrafted jewelry
- Two Branches – handmade books, wire garden art, bird houses, knitted items
- Uncle Fuzzy’s Penworks – handmade wooden ink pens
- Wooden Things – Christmas ornaments, bowls, pepper mills
- Woodward Arts – acrylic and multimedia work, repurposes wood objects
In addition to artist booths, staged entertainment is scheduled throughout the day.
|9:00am-9:30am||Kenwood High School Hi-Steppers|
|10:00am-11:00am||Cumberland Winds Woodwind Quintet|
|11:15am-12:15pm||Northeast High School Exit One Show Choir|
|12:30pm-1:45pm||Red River Breeze|
|2:00pm-3:00pm||The Loose Hinges|
Shops and restaurants along Franklin and throughout the downtown district will be open their regularly Saturday hours. Downtown Market is also open around Public Square until 2:00pm.
The evening will conclude with a ticketed gala auction, dinner and the opening of the Roxy’s 30th season with “9-5: The Musical!”
For more information about Frolic on Franklin or for Roxy Gala tickets, please contact the Roxy Regional Theatre at 931.645.7699.