Nashville, TN – Saint Thomas Health, the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee, is renaming its family of five hospitals in Middle Tennessee to better reflect the organization’s common mission.
The Tennessee Titans practice facility was also renamed to “Saint Thomas Sports Park”.“Saint Thomas Health is singularly focused on improving the health of the communities we serve,” said Dr. Michael Schatzlein, president and CEO of Saint Thomas Health. “Renaming our hospitals unites us in our mission and publicly reflects the size and scope of our health system, as well as the collaboration that has existed among the hospitals for the past 10 years.”
The hospitals will now be known as:
- Saint Thomas West Hospital (formerly Saint Thomas Hospital)
- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital (formerly Baptist Hospital)
- Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital (formerly Middle Tennessee Medical Center)
- Saint Thomas Hickman Hospital (formerly Hickman Community Hospital)
- Saint Thomas Hospital for Spinal Surgery (formerly The Hospital for Spinal Surgery)
The decision is based on extensive research and in consideration of the health system’s strategic direction. Physician practices owned by Saint Thomas Health and joint ventures in which the health care system participates will also be unified under the Saint Thomas Health banner.
“Healthcare is changing more drastically than ever before,” added Dr. Schatzlein. “These changes require us to approach care differently: not just treating patients when they are sick, but partnering with people to maintain health and prevent sickness in the first place. We embrace this new idea of ‘population health management’, knowing it will be a better way for our neighbors to receive care and a more rewarding way for our caregivers to deliver it.”
Saint Thomas Health Quick Facts
- Saint Thomas Health is a system of nine hospitals, 65 medical practices, 13 chest pain centers, 16 outpatient rehabilitation centers, 14 ambulatory surgery centers and five community clinics
- Saint Thomas Health’s nine hospitals have approximately 69,000 admissions a year, 150,000 emergency visits a year and approximately 10,000 newborn deliveries a year.
For more information about Saint Thomas Health, please visit www.sths.com.