Restaurant locations donate funds raised during ‘Paws for Carside’ promotion
Hazard, KY – Woodland Group, Inc. (WGI), an Applebee’s franchise group in Tennessee and Kentucky, raised $14,075 during their 13th annual “Paws for Carside” promotion, which ran from April 27th through May 23rd. Funds raised from the promotion are being donated to select local animal shelters.
During Paws for Carside, 10 percent of all Carside To-Go sales every Monday and Tuesday were donated to various animal charities working to care and find good homes for animals in need. Each location contributed to a charity of choice.
Top participating locations and their charity recipients include:
- Bowling Green, Kentucky – Barren River Animal Welfare Association (BRAWA)
- Glasgow, Kentucky – Barren River Animal Welfare Association (BRAWA)
- Hopkinsville, Kentucky – Christian County Humane Society
- Clarksville, Tennessee – Humane Society of Clarksville-Montgomery County
- Columbia, Tennessee – Paws to Give
- Dickson, Tennessee – Humane Society of Dickson County
- Lebanon, Tennessee – New Leash on Life Animal Rescue
- McMinnville, Tennessee – Warren County Animal Control
- Spring Hill, Tennessee – Paws to Give
- Metro Nashville, Tennessee – Agape Animal Rescue
“We’re so thankful for all the customers and staff who continue to make this event a major success each year,” said Mike Baldwin, vice president of operations at Woodland Group, Inc. “Encouraging each location to choose their own local charity gives them an opportunity to connect with their community by supporting the animals in need.”
The proceeds will support the animal shelters in supplying food, medical supplies, housing and basic necessities for animals that have been abused, neglected, or are simply in need of tender love and care.
“Overall, this event made a positive impact on many shelters in the region, and we’re proud to show our appreciation for these amazing organizations that dedicate themselves to the care and safety of animals,” Baldwin said.
About Applebee’s International, Inc.
Applebee’s (www.applebees.com) is the world’s largest casual dining chain, with approximately 2,000 locations in 49 states, 15 countries and one U.S. territory. Based in Kansas City, Missouri, Applebee’s takes pride in providing a welcoming, neighborhood environment where everyone can enjoy the dining experience. Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar® is a DineEquity, Inc. (NYSE: DIN) brand, and is franchised and operated by Applebee’s International, Inc. and its affiliates.
About Woodland Group, Inc.
Woodland Group, Inc., headquartered in Hazard, KY, owns and operates 18 Applebee’s® Neighborhood Grill & Bars in middle Tennessee and southern Kentucky.