Knoxville, TN – From Beale Street in Memphis to the Appalachian mountains in Johnson City, Tennesseans and tourists alike travel the state each year to experience the unique city culture and rural landscape the state offers.
With millions of visitors to the state each year, travelers have a variety of ways to search for a hotel and find recommendations for things to do, but the most reliable and respected rating in the industry comes from AAA.“More than just maps and roadside assistance, AAA’s travel offerings include online Tourbooks, reservations and reviews, said Joy Dixon, AAA – The Auto Club Group, Tennessee Regional Travel Director. “AAA is the only organization whose ratings include evaluations by full-time, professionally trained inspectors. Our inspectors conduct unannounced, yearly visits in order to receive an authentic guest experience.
Every year AAA reviews more than 28,000 hotels including resorts, historic inns, B&Bs and more. Only 0.4 percent make the AAA Five Diamond list.
Today, the Auto Club Group announced the recipients of this year’s AAA Five Diamond Awards— In Tennessee, the only hotel to receive the highest distinction is The Hermitage Hotel in Nashville.
AAA also named 16 Four Diamond Award Winners in Tennessee
- Carnegie Hotel (Johnson City)
- Christopher Place (Newport)
- Eight Gables Inn (Gatlinburg)
- Hilton Nashville Downtown (Nashville)
- Hutton Hotel (Nashville)
- Loews Vanderbilt Hotel Nashville (Nashville)
- Madison Hotel (Memphis)
- Omni Hotel (Nashville)
- Peabody Memphis (Memphis)
- Renaissance Nashville Hotel (Nashville)
- River Inn of Harbor Town (Memphis)
- The Mayor’s Mansion Inn (Chattanooga)
- The Lodge at Buckberry Creek (Gatlinburg)
- The Westin Memphis Beale Street (Memphis)
- Union Station Hotel – Autograph Collection (Nashville)
- Whitestone Country Inn (Kingston)
AAA Five Diamond List / AAA Four Diamond List
“AAA Four and Five Diamond award winners are recognized across the state as luxurious accommodations,” said Dixon. “In these hotels, guests can expect to receive highly personalized service and indulgent pampering.”
- Travelers can review Diamond Ratings while booking hotels by clicking here.
- AAA/CAA inspects nearly 28,000 hotels throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- AAA Five Diamond rated hotels (118 total)
- 1 in Tennessee
- AAA Four Diamond rated hotels (1,587 total)
- 16 in Tennessee
- The AAA Five Diamond Restaurant list will be released to the media on February 5.
About The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, travel, insurance and financial services offerings to over 9 million members across eleven states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana.
ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 55 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety.