Clarksville-Montgomery County has the 2nd Least Expensive Gas Prices in Tennessee
Nashville, TN – Oil prices reached new heights, causing a bump in the road for falling gas prices. Tennessee gas prices climbed nearly a full cent overnight. The state average is $2.24, after rising 2 cents during the past week.
During the past 8 days, the needle has pointed up for gas prices in Tennessee, although the state average has only risen 2 cents during that time. On Christmas Day, the state average of $2.23 was 14 cents more than the year before, and the highest price for the holiday in three years.
Highest and Lowest Gas Prices in Tennessee
- The most expensive gas price averages in Tennessee are in Jackson ($2.32), Nashville ($2.27), and Morristown ($2.26)
- The least expensive gas price averages in Tennessee are in Chattanooga ($2.13), Clarksville-Hopkinsville ($2.17), and Johnson City ($2.17)
For the first time since June 2015, the price of oil exceeded $60.00 a barrel on the NYMEX. The daily increase totaled $1.50/b which would normally amount to 3-4 cents at the pump. Oil prices rose after an explosion on a pipeline in Libya, which feeds one of the country’s export terminals. In addition to that, struggles continue, on restoring service to a pipeline in the North Sea.
“We may see moderate increases at the pump this week, but the downward trend should resume in the new year,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “After the holidays, gasoline demand takes a sharp turn lower, because fewer people take extended road trips in January. The weak demand, plus high refinery output should keep gas prices low. However, motorists should prepare for the seasonal 30-70 cent surge in the spring, as refineries conduct maintenance.”
Highs and Lows of 2017*
- National: the highest average price for gasoline was $2.67 on September 8th. The lowest was $2.23 on July 5th.
- Florida: the highest average price in was $2.73 on September 9th. The lowest was $2.13 on July 17th.
- Georgia: the highest average price was $2.76 on September 12th. The lowest was $2.08 on July 5th.
- Tennessee: the highest average price was $2.60 on September 10th. The lowest was $1.99 on July 5th.
Gas Price Tools for Reporters/Consumers
- GasPrices.AAA.com – Daily national, state, and metro gas price averages.
- AAA Mobile app – Free app that shows current prices at a gas station near you.
Current and Past Price Averages
Regular Unleaded Gasoline
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Highest Price on Record|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
About The Auto Club Group
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second largest AAA club in North America. ACG and its affiliates provide membership, insurance, financial services and travel offerings to over 9.4 million members across eleven states and two U.S. territories including Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; most of Illinois and Minnesota; and a portion of Indiana.
ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 57.7 million members in the United States and Canada and whose mission includes protecting and advancing freedom of mobility and improving traffic safety.
Motorists can map a route, identify gas prices, find discounts, book a hotel, and access AAA roadside assistance with the AAA Mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android. Learn more at AAA.com/mobile. AAA clubs can be visited on the Internet at AAA.com.