Chattanooga, TN – Austin Peay State University (APSU) men’s tennis freshman Tom Bolton earned his fourth singles win of the season; however, the Governors fell 6-1 against Chattanooga, Tuesday, at the UTC Tennis Complex.
In singles, the No. 1 and No. 6 matches were the first to go final with Schlossmann and freshman Hogan Stoker droping their matches. Needing just one more point to secure the outcome, UTC defeated Damberg on the No. 3 court.
Giovanni Becchis and Oliver Andersson’s matches were the next to go final from the No. 5 and No. 2 positions, respectively.
Bolton secured the Govs’ only point of the afternoon, defeating UTC’s Jordan McClure in a pair of 7-5 sets.
Results vs. Chattanooga
- Frederic Schlossmann / Anton Damberg (APSU) def. Kerim Hyatt / Kaisei Kuroki (UTC), 7-6 (9-7)
- Simon Labbe / Jordan McClure (UTC) def. Tom Bolton / Giovanni Becchis (ASPU), 6-4
- Tomas Rodriguez / Ryan Mudre (UTC) def. Oliver Andersson / Hogan Stoker (APSU), 6-1
Order of Finish: 3, 2*,1
- Tomas Rodriguez (UTC) def. Frederic Schlossmann (APSU), 6-1, 6-1
- Kerim Hyatt (UTC) def. Oliver Andersson (APSU), 6-3, 3-6, 10-5
- Simon Labbe (UTC) def. Anton Damberg (APSU), 6-0, 6-4
- Tom Bolton (APSU) def. Jordan McClure (UTC), 7-5, 7-5
- Ryan Mudre (UTC) def. Giovanni Becchis (APSU) 6-4,
- Jacob Marshall (UTC) def. Hogan Stoker (APSU), 6-1, 6-2
Order of Finish: 1, 6, 3*, 5, 2, 4
Follow the APSU Govs
Next Up For APSU Men’s Tennis
The Austin Peay State University men’s tennis team returns to OVC play on April 19th with a 2:00pm contest against Tennessee Tech in Cookeville, Tennessee.