Clarksville, TN – In March 2015, the North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC) announced that 10 fraternity chapters from across North America will be recognized on April 19th, 2015, at the Gold Medal Banquet during the NIC Annual Meeting in Kansas City, Missouri.
Kappa Alpha Order, Zeta Tau Chapter, at Austin Peay State University will be one of those chapters recognized for their successes.The NIC Chapter Award of Distinction recognizes the undergraduate chapter, which is highly functioning, in compliance with NIC Standards, seeks to educate others about the benefits of a values-based fraternity experience and works to maintain a healthy relationship with their international organization.
Kappa Alpha Order has quite the list of accolades at Austin Peay, including the following:
- Samuel Zenas Ammen and George C. Marshall Awards for Chapter Excellence—the highest honors that an undergraduate chapter can receive in Kappa Alpha Order. APSU’s chapter is the youngest chapter to receive such honors in Kappa Alpha Order’s 150 year history
- 2014 President’s Cup for Highest GPA among IFC Chapters
- 2014 Excellence in Community Service Award
- 2014 Excellence in New Member Education Award
- 2014 Excellence in Scholastic Endeavors
- Several members serving as peer mentors, resident assistants, SGA members and officers, honor society officers and council leaders
- Raised more than $16,000 for the Muscular Dystrophy Association
- 64 percent membership growth during Fall 2014 semester