Clarksville, TN Online: News, Opinion, Arts & Entertainment.


Topic: Portable Heater

Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office Warns of Fire Dangers Associated with Heating During Winter

 

Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO)                                                                                

Tennessee State Fire MarshalNashville, TN – With less than two weeks remaining in 2018, fire fatalities in Tennessee have already exceeded their totals from 2017. 

Ahead of the first day of winter (December 21st), the Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO) is advising Volunteer State residents that the cold weather season is the deadliest time of the year, and fire-safe behaviors could be the difference between life and death when it comes to home heating fires.

Heating equipment is the leading cause of home fire deaths nationally and the second leading known cause in Tennessee.

Tennessee State Fire Marshall's Office reports over 30 Tennesseans Died in House Fires in November through February of Last Year.

Tennessee State Fire Marshall’s Office reports over 30 Tennesseans Died in House Fires in November through February of Last Year.

«Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

State Farm lists 7 ways to use Space Heaters Safely

 

State FarmMurfreesboro, TN – Space heaters provide welcome warmth in chilly rooms, but that warmth comes with a big warning label: Each year space heaters cause more than 25,000 residential fires and send 6,000 people to the ER for treatment of burns, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Small space heaters are typically used when the main heating system is inadequate or when central heating is too costly to install or operate.

Portable heaters can be an efficient way to supplement inadequate heating.

Portable heaters can be an efficient way to supplement inadequate heating.

«Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office reports working Smoke Alarm Saves Homeowners’ Lives in Arlington Fire

 

Tennessee State Fire MarshalNashville, TN – A smoke alarm installed through the Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office “Get Alarmed Tennessee” smoke-alarm distribution program is credited with saving the lives of two people in Arlington, TN in the wake of a Wednesday house fire.

Floor mats kept too close to space heater ignited in a bathroom at the home at 11810 U.S. Highway 64 in Arlington on Wednesday and caused the blaze, which was extinguished by fire crews.

But a potentially tragic situation was avoided because the two homeowners who were asleep in the home at the time of the fire were awakened by their working smoke alarm and escaped the house unharmed. «Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 


Portable Heater Safety information from Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office

 

Portable Heater Safety Is Crucial During Winter’s Coldest Months

Tennessee State Fire MarshalNashville, TN – The expected arrival of single-digit weather in Tennessee this week is prompting the State Fire Marshal’s Office to remind residents to stay safe when using portable heaters to stay warm.

Portable heaters are common sights during winter, but they can sometimes lead to tragedy. An estimated 900 portable heater fires in homes are reported to U.S. fire departments each year, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. «Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

Tennessee State Fire Marshal asks “Are you using portable heaters safely?”

 

Tennessee State Fire MarshalNashville, TN – According to the U.S. Fire Administration, an estimated 900 portable heater fires in homes are reported to U.S. fire departments each year and cause an estimated 70 deaths, 150 injuries and $53 million in property loss.

“We cannot stress enough the importance of following safety precautions when using portable space heating devices in your home,” said State Fire Marshal Julie Mix McPeak. “Keeping fire safety in mind can help save lives and property.” «Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

Tennessee State Fire Marshal says be Winter Weather Wise and Make Fire Safety a Priority

 

Tennessee State Fire MarshalNashville, TN – The wave of harsh winter weather rolling through the Volunteer State is leaving a trail of destruction in its wake that includes home fires, frozen pipes, and power outages.  The State Fire Marshal’s Office wants to remind Tennesseans how crucial it is to keep fire safety in mind during the winter months.

“The brutally cold conditions we have experienced this week can drastically increase fire risks during what is already a peak season for residential fires,” said State Fire Marshal and Commerce & Insurance Commissioner Julie Mix McPeak. “It is crucial to make fire safety a priority in and around our homes to avoid the damage that can accompany frigid temperatures.” «Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office says make Fire Safety a Priority this Fall

 

Tennessee State Fire MarshalNashville, TN – Five Tennesseans lost their lives in home fires over this past weekend. Four adults and one child were killed in house fires in Hamblen, Carter, and Henry Counties.  Preliminary results of the fire investigations indicate that the fires were accidental in nature.

Every day preventable fires happen in Tennessee causing millions of dollars in property damage and in the worst cases, loss of life.  The State Fire Marshal’s Office wants individuals across the state to take action and talk to loved ones about fire prevention in the home. «Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 


Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office urges residents use portable heaters safely

 

Are you using portable heaters safely?

Tennessee State Fire MarshalNashville, TN – According to the U.S. Fire Administration, an estimated 900 portable heater fires in homes are reported to U.S. fire departments each year and cause an estimated 70 deaths, 150 injuries and $53 million in property loss.

“We cannot stress enough the importance of following safety precautions when using portable heating devices in your home,” said State Fire Marshal Julie Mix McPeak. “Keeping fire safety in mind can help save lives and property.” «Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 



  • Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On TwitterVisit Us On PinterestVisit Us On YoutubeCheck Our FeedVisit Us On Instagram
  • Personal Controls

    Archives