The Clarksville/Montgomery County Community Action Agency Head Start program will be accepting applications for the 2009-2010 school year. Applications will be accepted on the following schedule:
- March 11, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Montgomery County Public Library, 350 Pageant Lane, Clarksville
- March 20, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Country Diner, 752 HWY 13, Cunningham
- March 26, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Summit Heights Community Center, Clarksville
- March 30, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Chapala Restaurant,1191 Fort Campbell Boulevard, Clarksville
If your child will be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 30, 2009, and your income meets Federal guidelines, then he/she may qualify for Head Start. Please bring the following information to one of the Registration dates listed above (bold information is required) to apply:
- ALL proof of family income (most recent tax return or pay stub for 12 consecutive months prior to application date)
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Proof of receipt of Families First and / or Food stamps, if received in the last 12 months
- Your child’s current physical and dental exam record (meaning exam occurred with in the last 12 months) **Extra points will be given for current physical, dental and immunization cards at the time of registration.
- Your child’s Social Security card
- Your child’s health insurance card
- Your child’s yellow Tennessee Immunization certificate
- Proof of your child’s Learning Disability(i.e. IEP, IFSP or psychological evaluation)
The selection process for the 2009-2010 school year will begin in July, 2009. The school year will begin in August, 2009.
Once again, I thank you for your interest and ask you to encourage other families to explore the many opportunities available in the CMCCAA Head Start program for child and family development. If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact the Head Start administration offices at (931)648-5774.