Montgomery County, TN – On Friday, October 7th, 2016, Tennessee State Representative Joe Pitts and the Business Advisory Council for transitional students in the Clarksville-Montgomery County School System will be hosting the #InclusionWorks Employer Seminar.This event, taking place during National Disability Employment Awareness Month, will highlight how inclusion works for business, innovation and opportunity.
The event will take place from 8:30am to 11:30am at the Civic Hall at Veteran’s Plaza. Seminar participants will hear from other business owners who hire individuals with disabilities, meet job placement specialists and job coaches, and learn how to complete tax credit paperwork.
In addition to guest speakers, several representatives from local organizations specializing in job development and employment services will be present for vendor exhibits.
- Representative Joe Pitts
- David DeLaRosa, Store Manager – Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- Michelle Halman, Educational Consultant – TennesseeWorks / Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
- Nancy Hawkins, M.Ed., CRC, Employment Consultant, Rehabilitation Services – Tennessee Rehabilitation Center Clarksville
- Dr. Lynette Henderson, Associate Director of Adult Community Services – Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
- Lori A. Oakley, HR Assistant / Administrative Assistant – PRIDE Industries
- Clarksville Transit System
- Job Corps
- Mid-Cumberland Human Resource Agency (MCHRA)
- Progressive Directions, Inc.
- Project Search (Clarksville-Montgomery County School System)
- Sunrise Community of Tennessee, Inc.
- Vocational Rehabilitation/TRC
- Workforce Essentials, Inc.
- Youth Villages