Clarksville, TN Online: News, Opinion, Arts & Entertainment.


Topic: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Tennesseans to Remember Fire Safety Ahead of Winter’s Arrival

 

Tennessee State Fire MarshalNashville, TN – With the first day of winter (December 21st) less than two weeks away, the Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office, the Nashville Fire Department, and the National Fire Sprinkler Association are urging Tennesseans to remember fire safety this winter to help reduce home fires.

Representatives from all three groups gathered at the Nashville Fire Department Training Academy in Nashville to demonstrate the dangers of a Christmas tree when not properly maintained and the benefits of a working home fire sprinkler system.

The Tennessee State Fire Marshal's Office joined Nashville Fire and the National Fire Sprinkler Association to raise awareness of the importance of home fire safety and home fire sprinklers during winter on Dec. 11, 2019.

The Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office joined Nashville Fire and the National Fire Sprinkler Association to raise awareness of the importance of home fire safety and home fire sprinklers during winter on Dec. 11, 2019.

«Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

Montgomery County issues Generators, Carbon Monoxide Warnings

 

Montgomery County Government TennesseeMontgomery County, TN – According to Montgomery County Emergency Medical Services (EMS), there were two reported cases of carbon monoxide poisoning today resulting from the use of a generator in an enclosed area.

“Based on today’s incidents, we felt it was important to put out a message to help our residents understand the real and deadly effects of carbon monoxide poisoning,” stated EMS Operations Chief Chris Proctor.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning «Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

Four Clarksville Police Officers Receive Lifesaver Awards

 

Clarksville Police Department

Clarksville Police Department - CPDClarksville, TN – On Friday, September 14th, 2018, four officers were recognized for their actions during emergency situations and were each presented with Lifesaver Awards. The Lifesaver award is given to officers whose direct actions saves or extends the life of another person.

The officers receiving the awards were Officer Adam Post, Officer William Becker, Officer Michael Ciupka and Officer Morgan Baker.

(L to R) Clarksville Police Officer William Becker, Officer Adam Post, Officer Michael Ciupka and Officer Morgan Baker.

(L to R) Clarksville Police Officer William Becker, Officer Adam Post, Officer Michael Ciupka and Officer Morgan Baker.

«Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 


Clarksville Mother Christine Watson Raises Carbon Monoxide Awareness with New Testimonial

 

Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance - TDCINashville, TN – To commemorate Tennessee’s annual Carbon Monoxide Awareness Day (September 18th) the mother of a carbon monoxide victim is speaking out in a powerful testimonial video from the Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO) highlighting the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.   

Clarksville resident Christine Watson is raising awareness of carbon monoxide poisoning which claimed the lives of her daughter and son-in-law (Jon and Kathryn Watson Over) as well as their three friends (Jim Wall, Tim Stone and Allison Bagwell-Wyatt).

«Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

Tennessee Department of Health Says Celebrate Fall Safely, Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

 

Tennessee Department of HealthNashville, TN – Colorful leaves and cooler weather lure lots of us outdoors during the fall, and may have you looking for ways to warm up on chilly days and nights.

As you celebrate the season, the Tennessee Department of Health reminds Tennessee residents and visitors of the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning. It’s a silent killer you cannot see, smell or taste.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning «Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

Tennessee Department of Health says Winter Weather Presents Unique Health Challenges

 

Tennessee Department of HealthNashville, TN – With the first serious cold weather storm front of 2016 headed toward Tennessee tonight, the Tennessee Department of Health is reminding residents about the need for increased efforts to protect themselves, their families and their friends from winter weather-related harm.

“We all need to take these potentially deadly winter weather activities and storms seriously, and use warnings as an opportunity to prepare and think differently than our normal routine to prevent a tragedy,” said TDH Commissioner John Dreyzehner, MD, MPH.

Tennesseans Urged to Protect Themselves, Their Families and Their Friends during Winter Weather.

Tennesseans Urged to Protect Themselves, Their Families and Their Friends during Winter Weather.

«Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

Tennessee Department of Health says Winter Weather brings Increased Risk for Carbon Monoxide Issues

 

Simple Safety Precautions May Save Lives

Tennessee Department of HealthNashville, TN – Many of us do it:  when winter weather arrives, we try to make our homes as airtight as possible or try alternative heating methods to save money on heating costs.

While energy conservation is certainly important, so too is protecting your personal and family health. The Tennessee Department of Health and the Tennessee State Fire Marshal’s Office urge residents to know about potential home health and safety hazards during the winter months.

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning «Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 


New Austin Peay State University Scholarship honors Victim of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

 

Austin Peay State University - APSUClarksville, TN – At Kenwood High School on Tuesday, 18-year-old Skylar Hughes presented Austin Peay State University President Alisa White with a $25,000 check.

The money, which Skylar helped raise, will fund the Kathryn Watson Over Endowment—a new scholarship, named for Skylar’s former teacher, that will be awarded each year to a Kenwood graduate majoring in education at APSU.

The Kathryn Watson Over Endowment, created by Skylar Hughes, 18, to honor the memory of her former teacher Kathryn Watson Over who died along with four other people on Sept. 18, 2011 from carbon monoxide poisoning, is announced during a ceremony at Kenwood High School on Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2015. (Beth Liggett, APSU)

The Kathryn Watson Over Endowment, created by Skylar Hughes, 18, to honor the memory of her former teacher Kathryn Watson Over who died along with four other people on Sept. 18, 2011 from carbon monoxide poisoning, is announced during a ceremony at Kenwood High School on Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2015. (Beth Liggett, APSU)

«Read the rest of this article»

Sections: Education | No Comments
 

Tennessee State Fire Marshal Warns Campers About Carbon Monoxide Dangers

 

RV Owners Should Test Their Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Tennessee State Fire MarshalNashville, TN – Even when enjoying the great outdoors in Tennessee, RV owners should be wary of the dangers that can arise from carbon monoxide in and around tents and RVs.

Often called “the silent killer,” carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless gas created when fuels (such as kerosene, gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely.

Carbon monoxide can result from a number of camping equipment, such as barbecue grills, portable generators or other fuel-powered devices.

Going camping? Be aware of Carbon Monoxide Dangers

Going camping? Be aware of Carbon Monoxide Dangers

«Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 

Tennessee Department of Health reports alert Health Professionals spot Carbon Monoxide Dangers

 

Four Tennessee Families Safe Thanks to Quick Actions

Tennessee Department of Health - TDOHNashville, TN – Four alert health professionals each recently recognized something was wrong when screening four different mothers in the Baby and Me Tobacco Free program.

In each situation, during a breathing evaluation as part of the program, the women all had troublesome levels of carbon monoxide in their systems. Home inspections were conducted, in which heating system gas leaks were identified and repaired, and the four mothers and their families were protected from harm. «Read the rest of this article»

Sections: News | No Comments
 



  • Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On TwitterVisit Us On PinterestVisit Us On YoutubeCheck Our FeedVisit Us On Instagram
  • Personal Controls

    Now playing at the Movies