Clarksville, TN – On October 28th, 2012, the Clarksville Police Department in conjunction with several community partners hosted a Trunk-or-Treat in the Operation Defiance area at the New Providence Community Policing Center.
It is part of the Police Department’s multifaceted efforts to build rapport and improve the quality of life in the Operation Defiance community.Candy was distributed by the partners from tables or from the trunks of their vehicles.
The Community Policing Center, Police Union, and the partners purchased and distributed candy, chips, hot dogs and drinks to the over 300 people attending the event.
The following partners were invaluable to the success of the event:
- Building & Codes
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Bradford Health Services
- Vacation Motel
- Emergency Medical Services
- APSU Police Department
- Clarksville Police Department
- Byrns Darden Elementary School Principal and Staff
- The Liberty Church
- Montgomery County Sherriff’s Reserves
- Iron Order Motorcycle Club
- Councilwoman Deanna McLaughlin
- Bennie Norris
- Goodwill Career Solutions / New Providence Community Policing Center