Montgomery County Election Commission
Montgomery County, TN – The Montgomery County Election Commission reminds everyone that July 3rd is the Voter Registration Deadline to vote in the 2018 August State Primary and Montgomery County General election.
In Tennessee, you must register to vote thirty (30) days prior to any election to vote in that election.
To register to vote, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old on or before election day;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of the state of Tennessee (Guidelines for Determining Residency); and
- Not have been convicted of a felony; or, if you have been convicted of a felony, you must have had your voting rights restored (Restoration of Voting Rights).
Offices on the ballot include:
State Primary Election:
- US Senate
- US House of Representatives
- TN House of Representatives (Districts 67, 68, 74)
- State Executive Committeeman (Republican & Democratic)
- State Executive Committeewoman (Republican & Democratic)
County General Election:
- County Mayor
- County Commission (All Districts)
- Circuit Court Clerk
- County Clerk
- Register of Deeds
- School Board (School Districts 1, 3, 5, 7)
The Montgomery County Election Commission is located at 350 Pageant Lane, Suite 404, Clarksville, TN.
For more information visit www.mcgtn.org/election
About the Montgomery County Election Commission
The mission of the Montgomery County Election Commission is to promote voter registration and the electoral process, to secure the freedom and purity of the ballot, to provide federal, state, and local election products and services to the citizens of Montgomery County so they have equal access to the election process and may exercise their right to vote in a timely, effective and accurate manner.