Clarksville Police Department
Clarksville, TN – The old and unused medicine drop boxes at Clarksville Police Department’s three locations has taken in over 700 lbs. (747.55 lbs.) of medications for 2018, helping to reduce the potential for medicine abuse and the negative impact on the environment by improper disposal and another tool to help combat the opioid crisis.
The drop boxes are available between the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm at three different CPD locations: 135 Commerce Street, 211 Cunningham Lane, and 1584 Vista Lane.
The acceptable items for disposal include:
- Prescription medications
- All over the counter medications
- Pet medications
- Medicated Ointment, lotions or drops
- Liquid Medications in leak proof containers
- Pills in any packaging, including glass, plastic container, baggie (Ziploc) or foil
Items not accepted include:
- Illegal drugs or narcotics
- Needles/sharps or syringes with needles
- Blood sugar equipment
- IV bags
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Personal care products (shampoos, lotions, etc.)
Keep medications in original container if possible, cross out name & address, and DO NOT cross out the name of the medication.