Clarksville, TN – On Tuesday, August 6th, 2019, the Clarksville Police Department (CPD) would like to invite the public to the 2019 National Night Out from 5:00pm-9:00pm at the Wilma Rudolph Center (Liberty Park), located at 1188 Cumberland Drive.
The community can enjoy displays and interactive games with the Clarksville Police Department, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Tennessee Highway Patrol, Austin Peay State University, Clarksville Fire Rescue, Montgomery County Medical Service, Montgomery County Emergency Management Agency, Clarksville Street Department and Clarksville Department of Electricity.
There will be displays and activities galore:
- Clarksville Police Department will perform child safety seat checks, have the command bus, sky watch, all-terrain vehicles, and Bearcat Tactical Vehicle
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office will have a DUI driving simulator
- Tennessee Highway Patrol will have a display vehicle and be available to discuss new laws affecting drivers
- Austin Peay State University will have a display vehicle and Segway
- Clarksville Fire Rescue will have a fire truck and various safety gear
- Montgomery County Medical Service will have an ambulance and related gear
- Montgomery County Emergency Management Agency will have a fire truck and safety gear
- Clarksville Street Department will have a backhoe
- CDE will have an electric pole reset and lighting simulator
There will also be vendors inside of the Wilma Rudolph Event Center along with local nonprofit organizations that provide services to the community.
National Night Out is meant to enhance the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. Furthermore, it provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances. It is an annual event held nationwide on the first Tuesday in August.
Come mingle with your local law enforcement, emergency responders, and partnering agencies in this event and help us make Clarksville-Montgomery County a crime free community.