Four weeks of practices open to the general public; single-game tickets also on sale July 31st
Nashville, TN — The Tennessee Titans begin training camp in Nashville on Saturday, July 31st. Fans are invited to attend a total of 18 practices during the four-week camp, all free of charge. It is the only time of the year that practices are open to the general public.
Once again this year the Titans will conduct training camp practices at Baptist Sports Park, where the vast majority of the team’s camps have been conducted since the team moved to Tennessee in 1997. The Titans held camp at Tennessee State University from 1997-98, Baptist Sports Park’s Bellevue location in 1999 and their current facility in MetroCenter since 2000 (other than two weeks of camp in 2006 at Austin Peay State University).
Training camp will operate similarly to previous years. Free parking is available directly across the street from Baptist Sports Park at the CVS/Caremark corporate offices (445 Great Circle Road). A merchandise tent will be on site next to the practice field selling a wide selection of Titans apparel and merchandise, and cold non-alcoholic beverages will also be available to purchase. Fans can watch practice from the outside perimeter of the three practice fields, but spectators should be prepared to stand in typical Middle Tennessee summer heat for the duration of their visit, as shade and seating are very limited.
On the field, fans will see a club that expects to build on its strong finish in 2009, when the Titans won eight of their last 10 games. A collection of seasoned leaders, intriguing rookies and blossoming young veterans will be on hand as the team ultimately prepares for its Sept. 12 regular season opener against the Oakland Raiders. Between the start of camp and then, jobs will be won at vital positions, including cornerback, linebacker, defensive line and running back, and the roster will be pared from 80 players at the start of camp to 53 at the conclusion of the preseason.
Jeff Fisher, beginning his 16th training camp as head coach, will closely monitor the development of the entire cast, including starting quarterback Vince Young, who has a 26-13 career record and is coming off a personal best in 2009 of a 82.8 passer rating; running back Chris Johnson, who last year became one of six players in NFL history to reach 2,000 rushing yards in a season; Pro Bowl cornerback Cortland Finnegan, who has recorded five interceptions in each of the last two seasons; and defensive end Derrick Morgan, the team’s 2010 first-round draft choice out of Georgia Tech.
For an up-to-date camp schedule, fans can call the team’s training camp hotline at 615-565-4190, or they can go to the team’s official website, www.TitansOnline.com.
Meanwhile, on July 31st, the same day training camp practices begin, a limited number of single-game tickets for Titans home games will go on sale. At 10:00am CDT, approximately 3,000 tickets for each of the 10 home contests will be made available for purchase by visiting the ticket office at LP field, calling Ticketmaster at 1-800-745-3000, visiting any Ticketmaster outlet, or logging on to Ticketmaster.com. Fans can purchase a maximum of up to four tickets per game for as many as two games.
Camp Schedule: Week 1
The following practices during the first week of camp
are open to the general public.
- Saturday, July 31st at 3:30pm.
- Sunday, Aug. 1st at 3:30pm.
- Monday, Aug. 2nd 3:30p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 3rd 3:30pm.
- Wednesday, Aug. 4th at 7:00pm.
- Thursday, Aug. 5th 3:30pm.
- Friday, Aug. 6th 3:30pm.
Week 1 Autograph Schedule
The following training camp autograph schedule is subject
to change without notice:
- Saturday, July 31st – 3:30pm Practice – Tony Brown, William Hayes, Nevin McCaskill, Javon Ringer, Jake Scott
- Sunday, Aug. 1st – 3:30pm Practice – Dave Ball, Dominique Edison, Brett Kern, Nate Washington, Will Witherspoon
- Monday, Aug. 2nd – 3:30pm Practice – Eugene Amano, Jason Babin, Joe Joseph, David Thornton, Alterraun Verner
- Tuesday, Aug. 3rd – 3:30pm Practice – Jacob Ford, Ryan Mouton, Damian Williams, Jamie Winborn, Vince Young
- Wednesday, Aug. 4th – 7:00pm Practice – Rennie Curran, Tye Hill, David Howard, Jason McCourty, Phillip Morris
- Thursday, Aug. 5 – 3:30pm Practice – Ken Amato, Vincent Fuller, Ricky Schmitt, Michael Roos, David Stewart
- Friday, Aug. 6 – 3:30pm Practice – Eric Bakhtiari, Lavelle Hawkins, Jovan Haye, Chris Hope, Jamar Love
Players scheduled to sign autographs after August 6th will be
announced at a later date.