Clarksville, TN – Clarksville Mayor Kim McMillan has announced the appointment of a twelve citizen Charter Revision Commission who will once again tackle the revision of the Clarksville City Charter.
In making her announcement today, Mayor McMillan said, “The Charter is our constitution and it must meet the challenges of the present while providing future generations with direction for governing.”
The Commission Includes
- Dr. Jeannie Beauchamp, Clarksville Pediatric Dentistry, P.C
- Ted Crozier, Sr, former Mayor of Clarksville
- Tom Denney, Colonel (Ret.), Vice-President and General Manager, Coldwell Banker Conroy, Marable, & Holleman
- Jimmie Garland, Sr., NAACP President
- Wendell Gilbert, Brigadier General (Ret), former Tennessee Homeland Security Director, and Chief of Staff to Governor Don Sundquist
- Steve Girsky, Attorney
- Tim Hall, President of Austin Peay State University
- Barbara Johnson, former member of the Clarksville City Council
- Bill Powers, General Manager, Wyatt-Johnson Hyundai
- Mark Rassas, Attorney
- Jose Vazquez, Austin Peay State University
- Larry Watson, Attorney
“I want to thank these individuals for agreeing to give of their time and energy to this important Commission. Some of them, served on the previous Charter Revision Commission and all of them are active members of the Clarksville community. I know they will represent our city’s diverse and growing interests,” said McMillan
The first meeting of the Charter Revision Commission will be held on Monday, February 13th, 2012 at 4:30pm in the City Hall Conference room.
The meeting is open to the public.