JOBS4TN allows users to search local Jobs, Share on Social Media, Filter Attributes and Requirements
Nashville, TN – Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development Commissioner Burns Phillips is announcing a new iPhone and Android mobile app that makes finding available Tennessee jobs even easier.
The free mobile application brings thousands of employment opportunities to smart phones with advanced location and sharing features.
The new app’s functionality will allow users to access the entire Jobs4TN Online Services database on an iPhone or Android device, search for a job based on current location using the unique “Jobs Nearby” function, and pinpoint jobs on a map for easy reference.
Users may also save and share their favorite jobs via email, Facebook, and Twitter; as well as login to their account so that all job search activity is recorded.
Features of the Jobs4TN App:
- The phone’s location is used to display jobs.
- Keyword searches list the 100 most recently posted jobs in the user’s area.
- As users scroll through the top 100 jobs, more listings automatically populate to keep the search focused.
- Icons indicate educational requirements, salary amounts, and length of jobs (if temporary).
- Job seekers can “star” or “favorite” jobs.
The app is compatible with the iPhone, the iPod Touch, and the iPad. The app does require iOS 6.0 or later. Employers and jobseekers can download the “Jobs4TN” app at the Apple Store or Google Play at no charge.
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam launched Tennessee’s comprehensive jobs database in May 2012. Since going live, more than 3,800,000 jobs have been posted, and approximately 1,300,000 employment referrals have been made.