Clarksville, TN – A full semester of public art and music lessons is coming to a close at Austin Peay State University with a series of exhibits and concerts hosted by The Community School of the Arts at APSU.
For the last two decades, area adults and children have honed their creative talents and discovered new passions through the CSA. The program serves approximately 350 students of all ages and skill levels through programs in music, dance and the visual arts. The CSA was founded in 1990 with the goal of promoting and increasing awareness of the arts throughout the surrounding area.
The spring 2011 CSA concerts and exhibits, which are free and open to the public, include:
- Clarksville Youth Chorus and Teen Singers, 7:00pm, April 28th, at Madison Street United Methodist Church.
- Piano students of Sylvia Carver, 9:00am, April 30th, in the APSU Music/Mass Communication (MMC) Concert Hall.
- Piano, cello and violin students of Carolyn Bunger, Sadie Slack and Jewelia Hartley, 11:00am, April 30th, MMC Concert Hall.
- Piano and voice students of Stacie Robbins, Desiree Dolan and Rachel Hansbury, noon, April 30th, MMC Concert Hall.
- Violin students of Robin Eckert, 1:00pm, April 30th, MMC Concert Hall
- String Orchestra; violin students of Emily Crane and Simone Parker, 2:00pm, April 30th, MMC Concert Hall.
- Piano students of Simone Parker and Jared Wilson, 3:00pm, April 30th, MMC Concert Hall.
- Guitar students of Seth Guillen; wind instrument students of Jeanette Zyko, JoAnn McIntosh, Caleb Wise, Johnny Tubbs and Cody Robinson, 4:00pm, April 30th, MMC Concert Hall.
- Flute Choir and Percussion Ensemble, 5:00pm, April 30th, MMC Concert Hall.
- Art and photography exhibit, 9:00am – 5:00pm, April 30th, MMC lobby.
- Clarksville Community Chorus, 7:30pm, May 12th, APSU’s Clement Auditorium.
The CSA Summer session, scheduled June 6th-July 15th, will offer more music and art classes for the Clarksville community. Open registration begins May 9th.
Fees vary for the different classes. A complete list of the programs and their costs is available online at www.apsu.edu/csa. For more information, contact JoAnn McIntosh, CSA coordinator, at 931-221-7508.