Nashville, TN – Tennessee Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) invites youth in grades 4 through 12 to come out and try their hand at the shotgun shooting sports. The free Recruiting Days will be held on October 2nd and October 9th at 17 locations across the state and will introduce youth to teams in their area.
To find a location near you and reserve your spot, visit tnwf.org/explore.
“Not only is Tennessee SCTP one of the biggest and best-shooting programs in the nation, it’s a supportive community where new athletes are given the tools to succeed,” said Ashley Tone, Tennessee SCTP manager.
“Whether you’ve handled a firearm before or not, Recruiting Days are a safe and fun way to try the shotgun sports for the first time,” said Tone.
Interested youth must have a legal guardian present to participate. Safety equipment will be provided for each participant. Most locations will have firearms available for attendees, but participants are encouraged to bring any equipment they do own.
October 2nd Recruiting Day location and times:
- White Pine, TN at Hog Heaven Gun Club 560 Highway 113— 10:00am to 2:00pm ET
October 9th Recruiting Day locations and times:
- Brownsville, TN at Brownsville Young Guns Trap and Skeet Range 1975 Beech Grove Road — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Celina, TN at Moonshine Mountain 5548 Moss Arcot Road— 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Columbia, TN at Maury County Gun Club 2879 Parsons Bend Road — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- College Grove, TN at Harpeth Scholastic Shooting sports Complex 8460 Horton Highway — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Crossville, TN at Fairfield Glade Sportsmans Club 650 Shorty Barnes Road — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Dickson, TN at Dickson Clay Commanders 2950 Highway 48 S — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Huntingdon, TN at Carroll County Shooting Sports Park 1380 McAdoo Cemetery Road — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Kingsport, TN at Cherokee Rod and Gun Club 4280 Reservoir Road — 10:00am to 2:00pm ET
- Lavinia, TN at Southgate Public Shooting Center 4780 Hwy 220 — 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Lebanon, TN at Cedar City Gun Club 922 Whippoorwill Road — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Memphis, TN at Shelby Farms 500 N Pine Lake Drive — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Middleton, TN at The Clays at Lone Oaks Farm 8875 Sain Road — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Moscow, TN at Moscow Shooting Range 400 Roy Owens Drive — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Millington, TN at T-County Shooting Range 9691 Highway 51 South — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Nashville, TN at The Nashville Gun Club 1100 County Hospital Road — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
- Southside, TN at Montgomery County Shooting Range 4201 Southside Road — 10:00am to 2:00pm CT
Tennessee SCTP develops athletes who win national titles and provides students opportunities to earn college scholarships. The program is run by the Tennessee Wildlife Federation, one of the largest and oldest nonprofits dedicated to conserving the state’s wildlife and natural resources, to introduce kids to the great outdoors.
To learn more about Tennessee SCTP Recruiting Day visit tnwf.org/explore.
About Tennessee Wildlife Federation
Tennessee Wildlife Federation is an independent nonprofit dedicated to conserving Tennessee’s wildlife, waters, and wild places. Since 1946, the Federation has spearheaded the development of the state’s wildlife policy, advanced landmark legislation on air and water quality, and other conservation initiatives helped restore numerous species and introduced thousands of kids to the great outdoors.
To learn more, visit tnwf.org.