Clarksville, TN – Develop a new skill, explore a new idea, learn a new language, or seek a new career with one of the spring classes from Austin Peay State University’s Center for Extended and Distance Education. Register early and receive a 10 percent discount on selected courses.
Preregistration is required for each course.
Computer software applications
- MS Excel 2007 will meet from 6:00pm-8:00pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays, January 18th–February 1st at APSU’s McReynolds Building, Room 203. (course $127.00, lab $5.00, supply $5.00)
- MS Word 2007 will meet from 6:00pm–8:00pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays, February 3rd–17th at APSU’s McReynolds Building, Room 203. (course $127.00, lab $5.00, supply $5.00)
- MS Access Basics will meet from 3:00pm–5:00pm Mondays and Wednesdays, February 7th– 21st at APSU’s McReynolds Building, Room 203. (course $127.00, lab $5.00, supply $5.00)
- QuickBooks for Beginners will meet from 6:00pm–8:00pm Mondays and Wednesdays, February 14th–23rd at APSU’s McReynolds Building, Room 203. (course $95.00, lab $5.00, supply $5.00, text $25.00)
- Starting and Financing a Small Business will meet from 9:00am–noon, Tuesday, January 25th at ACS-ACAP Center, Fort Campbell, KY. (free)
Parenting, health and safety
- Phlebotomy Technician Certificate Class will meet from 6:00pm–9:30pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays, February 1st–March 24th in APSU’s McReynolds Building, Room 219. (course $3,275)
- Parents, Children and Divorce, the court-mandated seminar for divorcing parents, will meet in Montgomery County from 9:00am–1:00pm, Saturday, January 22nd and again February 5th at APSU’s Clement Building, Room 128. (course $35.00, text $15.00)
- Parents, Children and Divorce, the court-mandated seminar for divorcing parents, will meet in Dickson County from 9:00am–1:00pm, Saturday, January 29th at the Renaissance Center, Room 217. (course $35.00, text $15.00)
The Center partners with Montgomery Rider Education Program in offering a motorcycle rider safety course. For more information or to register, contact the program director, Dee Gleason, at 931-648-2208 between 9:00am and 4:00pm, weekdays.
The Center offers more than 300 new online classes that start every month. Classes last for six weeks, are instructor-led and 100 percent online. For more details, call the Center at 931-221-7816 or visit the Web site at www.ed2go.com/apsu.
The Center also offers year-round online certificate programs in administrative dental assistant, administrative professional with MOS, business marketing design, Cisco CCNA, digital arts, entrepreneurship, event management and design, forensic computer examiner, grant writing, graphic design, HVAC, home inspection, interior design, lean mastery, medical transcription, medical billing and coding, multimedia design, paralegal certification, personal fitness trainer, pharmacy technician, project management, records management, travel agent, wedding planner and many more. Financial aid is available.
For more information, contact the Center by telephone at 931-221-7816 or visit www.apsu.edu/ext_ed.