Clarksville, TN – As we often get wrapped up in the daily issues of working and making our city better, we often fail to see the success we have had in the past few years in making Clarksville an even better place to live and retire to.
However, it appears others do see effort and success we have had.
Last week, I saw an online report at CNNMoney and in it the article described the top 25 cities to retire to. Listed were cities such as Clearwater FL, Winston-Salem NC., Pittsburgh PA., Tucson AZ., Austin Texas and a city we all know Clarksville. Clarksville came in at number 14. That was ahead of other well known cities such as Austin TX, Spokane WA., and Albuquerque NM.
If you would like to see the total top 25 go here.
This will land you at the article of Clarksville and then you may click back or forward to see the other 24 cities. Below I have copied the info printed about Clarksville in the article.
While on the topic of Clarksville being the Top Spot, here are a few other recent high rankings for our city you may not know:
- The 9th fastest growing city in the U.S
- Best Place in Tennessee To Raise Your Kids; Business Week Magazine, 2010
- Ranked #4 nationwide for Alternative Energy Industry Leaders by Business Facilities Magazine’s 2010 State Ranking Report
- 2010 Governor’s Environmental Stewardship Award for the Greenways and Trails
- Rivers and Spires Festival named a Top 20 Event by Southeast Tourism Society, Spring 2011
Congrats and keep up the good to all!