Office of Land Between the Lakes, KY/TN – Land Between the Lakes’ 2015 summer lineup of Special Events has something for everyone.
Visitors are encouraged to bring cameras, binoculars, and picnic lunches. Stop by the gateway communities for food and supplies. For a complete program schedule, go to www.landbetweenthelakes.us/calendar/.
2015 Summer Special Events
- 30th, Children’s Day on the Farm at Homeplace 1850’s Farm
- 13th, National Get Outdoors Day; FREE admission to Nature Station
- 13th-14th, Pickin’ Party Old-Time Music Festival at Homeplace 1850’s Farm
- 4th, Independence Day Celebration at Homeplace 1850’s Farm
- 11th, Cool Critters Day at Nature Station
- 17th-18th, Wranglers Campground Primitive Rodeo
- Hummingbird Month at Nature Station
- 1st-2nd Hummingbird Festival at Nature Station
- 5th-6th, Homeplace Trades Fair at Homeplace 1850’s Farm
- 5th-7th, Nature’s Most Extreme Weekend! at Nature Station
Planetarium and Observatory~
Laser Music Shows:
- Memorial Day Weekend–Labor Day Weekend; Every Tuesday, Friday, & Saturday at 5:30pm & 7:00pm
- Saturdays; May 23rd, June 6th & 20th, July 18th, August 1st & 15th at 8:00pm
- All seats $7.00
Evening Planetarium Shows:
- Saturdays; May 30th, June 13th & 27th, July 11th & 25th, August 8th, 22nd & 29th, September 5th at 8:00pm
- $5.00 ages 13 & up, $3.00 ages 5-12, free under age 4
- Follow 8:00pm planetarium or laser shows on May 23rd & 30th, June 13th & 27th, July 11th & 25th, August 8th & 22nd, September 5th
- Star Parties are FREE for all
Staff-led Canoe/Kayak Trips:
- Reservation and full deposit required 270-924-2020
- May 2nd, 23rd, 24th, & 30th, June 13th & 20th, July 3rd, 4th, 18th, & 25th, August 15th & 29th, September 5th & 6th
To print an evening show and Star Party schedule, go to www.landbetweenthelakes.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Laser-Light-Shows-2015.1-2.pdf.
Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area manages more than 170,000 acres in western Kentucky and Tennessee as part of the U.S. Forest Service and the Department of Agriculture’s public lands program.
Land Between The Lakes offers outdoor recreation, lake access, land management, and environmental education to over 1.4 million visitors annually. The Friends of Land Between The Lakes works in partnership with the Forest Service providing program services, funds development, and volunteer support.
To find more information about Land Between The Lakes, log on to the official website at www.landbetweenthelakes.us or call toll-free at 1.800.LBL.7077 or local at 270.924.2000. For more information on the Friends of Land Between The Lakes, log on to www.friendsoflbl.org. To subscribe to the official electronic newsletter, send an email to . Land Between The Lakes official Twitter accounts include @LBLScreechOwl, @LBLNature, @LBLHomeplace, and @LandBtwnLakes, and Pinterest www.pinterest.com/lblnra.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.