Clarksville Police Department (CPD)
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville Police report that there were five motor vehicles stolen and another attempted vehicle theft at different locations throughout Clarksville between February 21st – 25th, 2019.
Five out of six of the vehicles either were left unlocked with keys inside or left running unattended.
The vehicles taken were:
- 2009 GMC Sierra, black, TX tag, BSL2752 left unlocked and running unattended in a hotel parking lot for a couple of minutes when stolen (photo above)
- 2016 Chevy Malibu, white, TN tag, 4K99C6 left unlocked and running unattended at a gas station for about 5 minutes when the owner saw the vehicle being driven away. The Chevy Malibu was just recovered by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, in the Antioch Church Road area. It was unoccupied at the time.
- 2017 Dodge Ram 1500, dark green, TN TEMPTAG, taken from a residential driveway, after keys were left inside and the vehicle unlocked
- 2013 Subaru Outback, silver, TN tag 2H96B4, parked in a residential driveway with spare keys inside and vehicle unlocked
- 2002 Saturn SL1, maroon, TN tag, BQP424 taken from a parking lot after keys were left inside and unlocked (Recovered Unoccupied)
- Attempted theft of a 2002 Chevrolet pickup, from a residential driveway by forced entry and steering column and ignition mechanism damage.
If any of the stolen vehicles are spotted, please call 911.
Police encourage Park Smart to reduce the chances of being a victim:
- Lock Your Vehicle
- Secure Your Valuables
- Take The Keys