“For the Health of it”
Clarksville, TN –Senior adults ages 50 and up can register now until May 2nd for the 2011 Clarksville Senior Olympics. This year’s events will be May 4th-7th at various locations around Clarksville, including The Swan Lake Sports Complex and Golf Course, Kleeman Community Center, The Pinnacle Bowling Center, and Burt-Cobb Community Center.
Seniors will face off for bragging rights, as well as medals in more than 20 challenging events, which include shuffleboard, tennis, track, golf, bowling, basketball free throw, pickle ball and billiards. Because we now have the Indoor Aquatic Center, swimming events have been added.
The Clarksville Senior Olympics will begin with an opening reception from 6:00pm to 8:00pm on Wednesday, May 4th, at the Fort Defiance Interpretive Center located at 120 Duncan Street. The closing dinner and awards ceremony will feature a fun, sports theme and be held Saturday, May 7th at The Crow Community Center. Dinner tickets are included in the registration cost, but for others who would like to attend the dinner and award ceremony, an $8.00 ticket must be purchased at the Parks and Recreation office.
Senior Olympics are Olympic-style sporting events for individuals ages 50 and older.
Single Events: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+.
Doubles Events: Age division will be determined by the age of the youngest person.
Tentative Event Schedule
Warm up time will be provided. Participants who are not present at game time will be forfeited.
Wednesday, May 4th, 2011
- 6:00pm – Opening Session – Fort Defiance Civil War Park and Interpretive Center
*This will be your opportunity to pick up registration packets. Packets will not be delivered to any event locations throughout the week.
Thursday, May 5th, 2011
- 8:00am – Men’s and Women’s Golf – Swan Lake Golf Course
- 12:30pm – Horseshoes Singles – Swan Lake Sports Complex
- 1:30pm – Horseshoes Doubles/Mixed Doubles – Swan Lake Sports Complex
- 2:30pm – Shuffleboard Singles – Swan Lake Sports Complex
- 3:30pm – Shuffleboard Doubles/Mixed Doubles -Swan Lake Sports Complex
- 5:30pm – Indoor Pool Events – Indoor Aquatic Center at New Providence
Friday, May 6th, 2011
- 8:00am – Track & Field – Rossview High School Track
- 12:00pm – Basketball Free Throw/Hot Shot – Kleeman Community Center
- 1:00pm – Bowling Singles – The Pinnacle Bowling Alley
- 4:30pm – Table Tennis Singles/Doubles/MD – Burt-Cobb Community Center
- 5:30pm – Pickleball – Burt-Cobb Community Center
Saturday, May 7th, 2011
- 8:00am – Badminton Singles – Kleeman Community Center
- 9:00am – Badminton Doubles – Kleeman Community Center
- 10:00am – Badminton Mixed Doubles – Kleeman Community Center
- 11:00am – Billiards – Kleeman Community Center
- 12:00pm – Bowling Doubles – The Pinnacle Bowling Alley
- 3:00pm – Bowling Mixed Doubles – The Pinnacle Bowling Alley
- 5:00pm – Closing Ceremonies
Registration forms are available at the Parks and Recreation office at 102 Public Square or any of our three community centers. You can also download the 2011 Senior Olympics registration form. Registration is from now until the May 2nd deadline. The registration fee is $22.00.
The 2011 Clarksville Senior Olympics are sponsored by Montgomery Care and Rehab Center, Clarksville Parks & Recreation, Lamar Advertising, and Coca-Cola.
For more details on the Clarksville Senior Olympics, please contact the Clarksville Parks and Recreation at 931-645-7476 or visit www.cityofclarksville.com.