In developing the plan, input was received from CMCEA President Ted Gilcrest and members of the Parent Communications Group. The plan also was reviewed to insure it meets requirements of the state.
This plan is designed to make up as much time before critical state tests as possible while maintaining the graduation and spring break calendar.
As of Tuesday, February 16, 2010, seven days have been missed in the school calendar. We have three built in snow days leaving four days to be made up for instruction.
- Addition of 30 minutes to the end of the school day beginning on March 1, 2010 and ending March 18, 2010
- *April 2nd (a day formerly “out of the calendar”)
- Addition of 30 minutes to the end of the school day beginning on March 19, 2010 and ending April 9, 2010 and full student day on March 8th
- **For staff only, May 25, 2010 (all staff report for training – students use a stockpiled day)
- (if needed)Addition of 30 minutes to the end of the school day beginning on April 12, 2010 and ending April 29, 2010
In the event of a Day 6 or more – To be determined in concert with the State Department of Education
*Regarding April 2, Year round employees will take their day out of the calendar/holiday on an alternate day (either May 28th or June 1st) approved by their supervisor. All other employees will be paid for the holiday and their day of work.
**Teachers’ staff development day will be rescheduled to May 26th. Employees (other than year round employees) with May 25th in their calendar will have one day added at the end of each respective calendar.