Nashville, TN – Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) has issued an update on the construction project currently underway at I-24 and SR 237 (Rossview Road) in Clarksville-Montgomery County.
As Phase I continues to progress, the new bridges are beginning to take shape.In the last few months, crews have relocated nearly all utilities, and asbestos has been safely removed from the older bridge structures.
Temporary detours are currently in place along each of the interstate ramps to and from SR 237. This will allow removal and replacement of the existing concrete on the ramps over the next several weeks.
The bridge bents and abutments, or support structures, have been completed for Phase I. Bridge beams, weighing 25,000-72,000 pounds, have also been installed.
In the coming weeks, the concrete deck for the first bridge will be poured and set. Work will also begin on the second bridge, including bents, abutments, and beams.
Development of the new Park and Ride facility is also ongoing. TDOT is working to finalize environmental documents and Right-of-Way acquisition for the site at Exit 11 (SR 76 / MLK Jr Pkwy). Riders will continue to use the current Park and Ride facility at Exit 8 until construction of the new site is completed.
Remember, temporary signals remain at the intersection of the I-24 ramps and Rossview Road, and lane closures will be scheduled as needed as bridge work continues.
As always, motorists are urged to use caution, reduce speed, and be alert to changing road conditions in the construction zone.
Key Project Events
- Temporary traffic signals remain at intersections of off-ramps and Rossview Road
- Temporary detours at ramps for concrete replacement
- Asbestos removal completed
- Bridge beams set for first new bridge
- Old bridge demolition tentatively scheduled for September
- Lane closures will be scheduled in the coming weeks in order to install bridge beams. The work will occur on the weekend and will impact the eastbound lanes between mile marker 4 and mile marker 8. Advance notice will be provided once dates/times are set.
- Due to technical issues, the web page for this project has been delayed.