Citizens, media invited to Mayor’s annual budget speech
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville Mayor Kim McMillan will present her 2019 financial plan for the City of Clarksville at 11:00am Thursday, May 24th, 2018 in the City Council Chambers, 106 Public Square.
She will outline her budget priorities, and offer specifics on public safety, better roads, and strong family recreation opportunities.
Along with her broader agenda, the Mayor will discuss:
- The next steps in her plan to build the Clarksville Family Athletic Complex.
- Work on the Northeast Connector, a new City thoroughfare designed to connect the Wilma Rudolph Boulevard commercial district with Trenton Road.
- Support for the Clarksville Police Department with more manpower and equipment, and plans to purchase major new equipment for Clarksville Fire Rescue.
- Plans for a major new downtown parking garage.
Citizens and the media are invited to attend this important address about Clarksville’s future. The speech may be viewed live on the City’s website at www.cityofclarksville.com, and live on CDE Lightband Channel 3. A video recording of the presentation will be available for on-demand viewing on the website within 24 hours, and it will be replayed on Lightband Channel 3.
The mayor and City Council will discuss the 2019 budget during the next several weeks. Passage of the new budget is scheduled for June, and the City’s 2019 Fiscal Year begins on July 1st, 2018.
Here are remaining key dates in the Fiscal Year 2018 budget process:
- Budget work sessions for City Council: May 30th, June 7th, June 13th (if needed).
- Special called session for a public hearing and first reading: June 14th.
- Special called session for second reading: June 21th.