Washington, D.C. – Americans are sick of the Swamp. The numbers prove it. By a stunning 40-percent margin, independents say impeachment is “more important to politicians than it is to me.” A nearly identical number say that it’s “more important to the media than it is to me.”
It’s simple: Americans want results, not more partisan theater. The 2016 election should have been a wakeup call to career politicians and the Beltway establishment. Instead, they ignored the memo. They’d rather undo an election than fix their behavior.
But no matter what manufactured drama is unfolding in Washington on a given day, there has been one constant: President Donald J. Trump has never stopped fighting for you.
“The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer,” he told the American people from the Capitol steps on Inauguration Day 2017, “The time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of action.”
President Trump is the one keeping his promises.
On his watch, together we have:
- Created over 7 million jobs—and counting
- Achieved the lowest unemployment rate in half a century
- Lifted 2.4 million of our citizens out of poverty
- Lowered medicine prices at rates not seen since the 1960s
- Cut violent crime by nearly 5 percent since 2016
That’s just the short list. And there’s much more to come.
Today: Desperate Democrats are demanding a do-over
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and Democrat impeachment leaders are panicking about Senate rules today for one reason: House Democrats didn’t make their case.
“They said in their brief, ‘We have overwhelming evidence,’” White House Counsel Pat Cipollone said before the Senate today. Now, “they’re afraid to make their case.”
House Democrats want brand-new witnesses and evidence in the Senate trial because they know their investigation failed. It didn’t persuade the American people—support for impeachment fell during the House hearings, despite hundreds of hours of free TV coverage—so their best hope is to search for a distraction from their weak Articles.
Here’s the left’s problem: They don’t get to stack the deck in their favor with a phony process in the Senate, too. But that doesn’t mean they won’t try.
Here are just five of the worst myths and lies from today alone:
- Schiff claims that the Senate’s rules were “nothing like” the process that was used in President Bill Clinton’s trial. They are entirely based on the Clinton rules.
- House Democrats are complaining that new witnesses would not be admitted in the Senate trial. It is the House’s job to collect all evidence before voting on impeachment. It’s not the Senate’s job to fix their mistakes.
- They compared this trial to that of a court of law. A court of law would immediately reject this case because House Democrats have not even accused the President of any criminal wrongdoing.
- Schiff claims that anything but a long, drawn-out trial would “rig” the process. Suddenly, Democrats don’t believe in “urgency.” In any case, both sides have 24 hours to make their cases—the same as in Clinton’s trial.
- Schiff falsely said that President Trump “withheld hundreds of millions of dollars” to coerce an ally to interfere in our elections. Not a single witness has provided evidence to support this assertion—because there is none.
White House Counsel: They want to attack one of our most sacred rights.