Clarksville, TN – This May, Austin Peay State University (APSU) will host seven commencement ceremonies to honor the University’s Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 graduates.
The COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic caused Austin Peay State University officials to re-examine how the University can follow national and local health standards while also recognizing the accomplishments of its students. The answer was to host more events with fewer people.
Ceremonies for Austin Peay State University’s Fall 2020 graduates are scheduled for Tuesday, May 4th, and Wednesday, May 5th. Ceremonies for the University’s Spring 2021 graduates are scheduled for Thursday, May 6th, and Friday, May 7th.
A full schedule of the ceremonies, which will be streamed at www.apsu.edu/commencement/commencementinformation/webcast.php, is listed below:
- 4:00pm, May 4th, Fall 2020 graduates from all colleges (participating students signed up for their preferred ceremony).
- 4:00pm, May 5th, Fall 2020 graduates from all colleges (participating students signed up for their preferred ceremony).
- 4:00pm, May 6th, College of Behavioral and Health Sciences’ Health and Human Performance, Psychological Sciences and Counseling, and School of Nursing graduates.
- 7:00pm, May 6th, College of Behavioral and Health Sciences’ Criminal Justice, Leadership and Organizational Administration, Political Science, Public Management, Sociology and Social Work graduates.
- 9:00am, May 7th, College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics graduates.
- 1:00pm, May 7th, College of Arts and Letters graduates.
- 4:00pm, May 7th, College of Business and Eriksson College of Education graduates.
Graduate students will participate in the ceremonies of their program’s academic college.
Additional information can be found at https://www.apsu.edu/commencement/.
COVID-19 Coronavirus safety protocols and guidelines will be implemented for all ceremonies similar to those the University implemented in August 2020, including:
- Limiting participation to no more than 170 graduates per ceremony so they can be socially distanced on the Dunn Center floor.
- Requiring all graduates, guests (3 years and older), and University personnel to wear a face mask while they are inside the Dunn Center. Masks must be worn properly, covering the nose and the mouth. A face shield may be worn in addition to a face mask, but not as a replacement for a face mask.
- Limiting the number of guests to ensure social distancing. Each graduate will be provided with four reserved seating tickets for guests. University faculty and staff who wish to attend one or more of the ceremonies may sign up to serve as event staff for the ceremonies they wish to attend.
- Requiring a ticket for every guest entering the Dunn Center, regardless of age.
- Shortening the ceremonies to limit the time indoors. All graduates, however, will be recognized by name as they walk across the stage.
In addition to the streaming video, the ceremonies will be aired live on CDE Lightband channel 9, Spectrum Cable channel 192, and AT&T Uverse channel 99 and can be heard on WAPX-FM radio, 91.9.
Graduates and guests who wish to view the ceremonies at a later date or time can access them on the APSU-TV YouTube page and the University’s Facebook page.
Plans for the ceremonies in May are subject to modification based upon changes in the COVID-19 Coronavirus environment.