« Older: Nashville Zoo announces birth of Three Caracal Kittens Newer: Marsha Blackburn, Mike Lee, Colleagues Introduce Bipartisan Bill to Help Military Families »
APSU Beach Volleyball defeats Eastern Kentucky, loses to Chattanooga at Jacksonville State Tournament
Anniston, AL – The Austin Peay State University beach volleyball team split a doubleheader on its first day of play at the Jacksonville State beach volleyball event, the Governors beat Eastern Kentucky, 4-1, and fell to Chattanooga, 3-2, Saturday at the McClellan’s Volleyball Complex.
In the first match of the afternoon, Caroline Waite and Erin Eisenhart scored the Govs first points with a win over the Colonels in the No. 5 pairing. MiMi Arrington and Claire Darland then gave the Govs 2-0 lead with a win in the No. 4 matchup.
Later in the day, the Governors suited back up for a match against Chattanooga. Waite and Eisenhart kept it going with another win in the No. 5 pairing to start the match. Then Arrington and Darland had the same mindset, battling to win in three sets and give the Govs a 2-0 advantage. But the Mocs fought back, winning the No. 2 and No. 3 pairings to tie the match, before picking up a win in the No. 1 pairing to knock off the Governors, 3-2.
The Governors will be back in action at the Jacksonville State beach event when they play a pair of Sunday matches against Morehead State, 10:00am, and Jacksonville State, 6:00pm.
In the time of COVID-19 Coronavirus, there is always a chance that a match will be postponed or not come to fruition. For news, scheduling changes, and match-time updates, be sure to check back at LetsGoPeay.com or follow the APSU Governors Beach Volleyball Twitter account (@AustinPeayBVB).
Austin Peay def. Eastern Kentucky, 4-1
1. APSU (Panning/Moore) def. EKU (Schoen/Bulatovic) 21-8, 21-11
2. APSU (Rutledge/Seyring) def. EKU (Alexander/Michailak) 21-12, 21-15
3. EKU (Mitchell/Woody) def. APSU (Hood/Graham) 16-21, 21-18, 18-16
4. APSU (Arrington/Darland) def. EKU (Schmitendork/Logan) 21-15, 21-15
5. APSU (Waite/Eisenhart) def. EKU (Johnson/Falcone) 21-19, 21-7
Ext. EKU (Roeder/Campbell) def. Buggs/McInerney) 22-20, 21-8
Order of Finish: 5, 4, 1*, 3, 2
Chattanooga def. Austin Peay, 3-2
1. UTC (Krege/Young) def. APSU (Panning/Moore) 21-12, 21-17
2. UTC (Finch/Steger) def. APSU (Buggs/Graham) 21-2, 21-13
3. UTC (Cerino/Lomax) def APSU (Seyring/Rutledge) 22-20, 21-16
4. APSU (Arrington/Darland) def. UTC (Myers-Osband/Gallentine) 21-19, 18-21, 15-13
5. APSU (Waite/Eisenhard) def. UTC (Ashway/Jordan) 21-7, 12-21, 15-5
Ext. APSU (McInerney/Kennan) def. UTC Mullins/Perkins) 21-9, 21-18
Order of Finish: 5, 4, 2, 3, 1*
TopicsAnniston AL, APSU, APSU Athletics, APSU Beach Volleyball, APSU Sports, APSU Women's Beach Volleyball, Austin Peay State University, Brooke Moore, Caroline Waite, Chattanooga, Claire Darland, Eastern Kentucky, Erin Eisenhart, Jacksonville State, Jenna Panning, Lady Govs, Mimi Arrington, Morehead State, Morgan Rutledge, Ohio Valley Conference, OVC, Tegan Seyring
© 2006-2021 Clarksville, TN Online is owned and operated by residents of Clarksville Tennessee.