Clarksville, TN – Clarksville Mayor Kim McMillan is happy to announce that all mandatory water restrictions have been lifted for all customers.
All Clarksville Gas and Water customers are now under voluntary water usage restrictions.
“The weather finally cooperated a bit, temporary redundant pumping has been installed and we are able to lift the restrictions. I appreciate the patience and support we’ve received from the community and ask that everyone continue to be vigilant about limiting their water usage. If history is a guide, we still have the hottest part of the summer to get through,” Mayor McMillan said.
Stage 1 for all customers includes voluntary:
- Reduction in frequency of watering new and first year landscaping and foundations.
- Only initial filling of ornamental fountains.
- Reduction in frequency of washing or rinsing of vehicles and recommend use of bucket/container, hand-held hose with positive shut-off or commercial car wash.
- Reduction in frequency of recreational use.
- Reduction of water use through Day of Week Watering Schedule. Irrigation of landscaped areas with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems should be limited to:
|Last Digit of Address||Allowed Watering Days|
|Even||Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday|
|Odd||Wednesday, Friday, Sunday|
Drought restrictions for commercial customers:
- Reduction in water use for landscape nursery stock.
- Restaurants to serve water by request only.
Duration of Stage
- The stage is effective until further notice of this publication.
Important water conservation measures can be found on the Clarksville Gas and Water website, www.clarksvillegw.com.
Clarksville’s water is safe for drinking and meets established state and federal regulations. This notice serves only as an alert to customers of the need to restrict usage during a period of time. Please look for updates in the next few days.
The public’s cooperation and understanding during these dry weather times is appreciated.