Clarksville, TN – The first-ever Clarksville Riverfest 52 Hour Film Festival boasted 19 entries, and the results are in!
Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department proudly announced the winners of the inaugural attraction, sponsored by CDE Lightband, at the 2014 Riverfest celebration.
- 1st Place Overall – Juicebox Productions, “The Bear”
- 2nd Place Overall – R.E.A.L. Media Solutions, “Christmas in July”
- 3rd Place Overall – Annotation Films, “Withering Sand”
- Best Actress – Darci Gautam, Funky Police Show, “Alter Egos”
- Best Actor – DJ Pryor, R.E.A.L. Media Solutions, “Christmas in July”
- Best Use of Line – Thomas-Nannie Films, “24 Hours”
- Best Use of Yo-yo Prop – Ghosthouse & Gang, “A Party for Penguins”
- Best Use of Character Name – Pink Celery Theory, “Mr. Fishburn: The Movie”
- Best Use of Effect – Funky Police Show, “Alter Egos”
- Best Use of Clarksville Scenery – EmmbereyedDragon Productions, “The Fishburn Conspiracy”
- Viewer’s Choice – Brundige, “The Comeback”
Nineteen teams entered the contest, which involved writing, filming, and editing a short film within a 52-hour time period. Winners received prizes including GoPro Hero3’s, Amazon Gift Cards, and Western Digital My Cloud 3TB Hard Drive.
All films entered into the festival will air on sponsor, CDE Lightband’s, Channel 6 and the Top 10 films will be shown prior to the main shows throughout the Clarksville Movies in the Park 2015 season!
“We are so excited that the first annual Riverfest Film Festival was such a success. CDE Lightband was honored to work with the Clarksville Parks and Recreation Department to bring this event to the festival,” stated Brian Taylor, CDE Lightband general manager.
For more details on Clarksville parks, please contact the Clarksville Parks and Recreation at 931.645.7476 or visit www.cityofclarksville.com