Nashville, TN – A Middle Tennessee multi-agency drug operation led by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has resulted in the arrest of five individuals on drug-related charges.
Special Agents with the TBI Drug Investigation Division, along with investigators from the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department’s Specialized Investigations Division, the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Cheatham County Sheriff’s Department, executed simultaneous search warrants early this morning at five different locations across Davidson County.
During the course of the investigation, Special Agents developed information that several individuals in Davidson County were involved in the sale and distribution of heroin, heroin laced with fentanyl, and marijuana.
During today’s search warrants, Agents and investigators seized cash, counterfeit bills, heroin and other controlled substances, and two weapons.
Those arrested and charged are:
- John Gooch, 45 – Conspiracy to Distribute Heroin, Possession with Intent to Deliver. Bond set at $100,000.
- Joshua Dyer, 36 – Conspiracy to Distribute Heroin, Simple Possession. Bond set at $60,000.
- James Burgess, 30 – Conspiracy to Distribute Heroin. He is being held on a probation violation.
- Mykel Huff, 32 – Simple Possession of a Controlled Substance. Bond set at $10,000.
- Andrew Williams, 55 – Conspiracy to Distribute Heroin, Possession with Intent to Deliver. Bond set at $100,000.
Upon their arrests today, they were booked into the Davidson County Jail. The investigation remains active and ongoing.