Land Between the Lakes, KY/TN – Get an up-close look at live tropical birds, check out reptiles from around the world, touch a tarantula, and visit with domestic petting zoo animals during Cool Critters Day at Woodlands Nature Station. The event lasts from 10:00am-4:00pm, Saturday, July 16th, 2016.
“If your children like animals, they’ll love Cool Critters Day,” says Nature Station naturalist, Aviva Yasgur. “This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about a variety of interesting, exotic critters and see them up-close.”Visitors will enjoy a variety of live animal programs and exhibits. Staff also feature kids’ games, a puppet show, crafts, visits from Smokey Bear, and other animal-inspired activities throughout the day.
For the first time at Cool Critters Day, the Nature Station hosts Molly’s Ark Mobile Petting Zoo.
Children may learn about and pet a goat, bunny, and other barnyard animals.
Program highlights include:
- 10:00am-4:00pm – University of Kentucky’s Insect Road Show – tarantula, giant millipede, walking stick bug and more
- 10:00am-4:00pm – Kentucky Reptile Zoo – meet a variety of reptiles from around the world up-close
- 11:00am, 1:00pm and 3:00pm – Cool Critters of the World programs by Natural History Educational Company of the Midsouth – kid-friendly live animal programs with an Eagle Owl, Sulcatta Tortoise, Tegu Lizard, and more
- 11:00am-3:00pm – Molly’s Ark Mobile Petting Zoo – goats, sheep, bunnies and other barnyard friends
- 12:00pm – Nashville Zoo Tropical Birds Program – learn about beautiful exotic birds up-close
See the complete schedule online at, www.landbetweenthelakes.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/CoolCritters2016R3.pdf
Additional guests include live reptiles and amphibians from Murray State’s Herpetological Society and Austin Peay’s Biology Department, aquatic animals from Murray State’s Hancock Biological Station, and more.
Admission is $5.00 per person; ages 4 and under are free. All programs included with admission. On-site food vendors offer lunch and beverages.
Support for this program is provided by Murray State University’s Hancock Biological Station, Murray Animal Hospital, Prizer Point Marina & Resort, The Murray Bank, Vacation Club International, Taylor Family Dentistry, Lakeland Animal Hospital of Benton, Tammy, Phil & Drew Weitlauf, Mayfield Veterinary Clinic, Marshall County Public Library, and Parker Ford Lincoln of Murray.
To find more information about Land Between The Lakes, log on to the official website at www.landbetweenthelakes.us or call 1.800.LBL.7077 or 270.924.2000.