Montgomery County, TN – The Clarksville-Montgomery County School System has announced that Kindergarten Kickoffs for the 2018-19 school year will be held March through May at each of the 23 CMCSS elementary schools offering kindergarten.
Here are the schools and their scheduled dates:
- Barkers Mill Elementary School, May 3rd from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
- Barksdale Elementary School, April 5th, from 5:00pm–6:00pm.
- Byrns Darden Elementary School, April 19th from 4:30pm-5:30pm.
- Carmel Elementary School, April 12th from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
- Cumberland Heights Elementary School, April 19th from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
- East Montgomery Elementary School, April 26th from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
- Glenellen Elementary School Elementary School, April 24th from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
- Hazelwood Elementary School, April 17th from 4:30pm-5:30pm.
- Kenwood Elementary School, April 24th from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
- Liberty Elementary School, April 23rd from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
- Minglewood Elementary School, April 12th from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
- Montgomery Central Elementary School, April 10th from 5:30pm-7:00pm.
- Moore Magnet Elementary School, April 17th from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
- Norman Smith Elementary School, March 20th from 4:30pm-5:30pm.
- Northeast Elementary School, May 4th from 4:30pm-5:30pm.
- Oakland Elementary School, April 19th from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
- Pisgah Elementary School, April 16th from 6:00pm-7:00pm.
- Ringgold Elementary School, April 11h from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
- Rossview Elementary School, April 12th from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
- St. Bethlehem Elementary School, April 17th from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
- Sango Elementary School, April 12th from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
- West Creek Elementary School, April 10th from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
- Woodlawn Elementary School, April 24h 5:30pm-6:30pm
Parents can input their addresses to find out at which school their child is zoned by going to this web address: http://businfo.cmcss.net/
According to the State Department of Education, children entering kindergarten shall be five (5) years of age on or before August 15 for the 2018-19 school year. Tennessee State Law also requires that a student going into the first grade must show proof of attendance in an accredited kindergarten program.
To complete registration during the kickoff, please bring the following items:
- A birth certificate or other proof of date of birth
- State law requires that a copy of a student’s state-issued birth certificate be in their cumulative folder. Schools can accept other proof of date of birth for registration, but the parent/guardian needs to provide a copy of the child’s state-issued birth certificate.
- Student’s Tennessee Immunization Record
- A complete medical exam is required for all Pre-K enrollees. Evidence of completed exam can be presented upon registration. A medical exam is recommended for all students in grades K-12 at time of registration. See the Health Services page for more information.
- Proof of Custody (if requested by school)
- Two (2) Proofs of Residence (Example: water bill, electric bill, lease agreement, or other residency, etc.) Other residency information may be requested by the school.
- Power of Attorney For Care of a Minor Child form (required in certain circumstances)