Clarksville, TN – CDE Lightband is working as quickly as possible to restore all power to our customers. Current customers reported without power is 1145 as of 9:30am.
You are CDE’s top priority. Crews will be focused on many affected areas across Clarksville.
- Bel-Aire (East and West)/Dave Drive/Gino Drive/Virginia Terrace/Yorktown Road/Dalewood Drive
- Oak Street/D Street/E Street/Chapel Street/Locust Street/Market Street
- Charlemagne Boulevard/Morrison Drive
- Del Mar Drive/Golf Club Lane/Willow Heights
- Oakland Road/Riverbend Drive
- South New Providence Boulevard on Sunset Court/Darnell Place/Power Street
CDE appreciates your patience as we work through this historic storm event.
The storm with wind gusts up to 75 mph that came through the area on Saturday, October 26th caused major damage to the power system across Clarksville, initially leaving 25 circuits open and 32,228 customers without power. This included more than 30 downed or broken poles and countless downed trees or limbs, making access to lines and poles difficult.
With the power restoration process, CDE Lightband begins by accessing and repairing the substations, getting all circuits operational. Then the focus turns to the distribution system, or primary lines. From there, the tap lines that feed all the neighborhoods are examined and repaired.
Here are some important tips for customers:
- Treat every downed power line like it’s hot, or energized, and stay clear.
- Customers with special medical needs requiring electricity should seek temporary, alternative arrangements.
- Customers can report their outage online at cdelightband.com, call the office at 931.648.8151, or text CDE to 85700. Reporting on social media does not generate a ticket.
- Contact home or rental insurance provider to seek replacement of spoiled food.
- Extremely dangerous hazards such as sparks, fires or arcing should be reported to 911 immediately.
CDE Lightband’s goal is to serve its 70,000 metered customers with reliable electricity. Safety is always a top priority.
About CDE Lightband
CDE Lightband provides reliable utilities delivered at the speed of light. Our service area, consisting of 100 square miles within the municipal boundaries, includes 892 miles of power lines and 960 miles of fiber optic cable.
Our world-class Fiber Optic Network keeps electric costs low and allows us to deliver exceptional products and constant innovation. The network provides savings of over $1 million annually in operating costs and provides over $5 million annually in income for electrical grid improvements that result in half as many large scale power outages compared to peer cities.
Additionally, access to our network increases home values by 3% or an average of over $5,000, according to the Fiber to the Home Council. Based in large part on access to the superior digital products provided by CDE Lightband, Clarksville has been designated a first 50 “Next Century City.”
CDE Lightband offers Electricity, Internet, Digital TV and Telephone services with blazing fast speed and superior performance … with the additional convenience of 24/7 local support and bundling all your utilities into a single bill.
Our staff includes 200 full-time employees, a management team with over 100 years of combined industry expertise and governance provided by a board of five local business leaders.
For more information, visit their website at www.cdelightband.com