Clarksville, TN – The Office of Public Relations and Marketing at Austin Peay State University won 12 awards during the Tennessee College Public Relations Association (TCPRA) spring conference and awards contest held May 25th-27th in Chattanooga, TN.
TCPRA – an alliance of communicators across the state representing public and private colleges and universities, technical schools, technology centers and community colleges – awarded gold, silver and bronze distinctions in various writing, design, publication and photography categories.
Entries were received for the contest period between April 1st, 2015, and April 30th, 2016.
The University’s PR office captured the following awards:
- Gold in the Invitation category for the Candlelight Ball invitation.
- Gold in the Overall Promotional Campaign for the “Be A Gov!” campaign.
- Gold in the Speech Writing category for introductory remarks at an endowment presentation.
- Gold in the Poster category for the Maggie Rose Concert poster.
- Gold in the Illustration category for the Plant the Campus Red artwork.
- Gold in the Social Media category for the “Be A Gov!” campaign.
- Silver in the Low Budget Publication category for the “Scoring New Beginning’s” publication.
- Silver in the Spot News Photo category for the photo, “Colors—The Gov Run.”
- Silver in the Brochure category for the Fort Campbell recruitment brochure.
- Bronze in the Invitation category for the Grad Gala invitation.
- Bronze in the Low Budget Publication category for the “Institutional Report.”
- Bronze in the Feature Photo category for the photo, “Miss Austin Peay.”
The APSU Candlelight Ball invitation was also a finalist in the conference’s Best of Show category.
The APSU Office of Public Relations and Marketing staff includes Bill Persinger, executive director; Rollow Welch, assistant director of publications; Charles Booth, assistant director of communication; Michele Tyndall, manager of printing services and projects; Kim Balevre, graphic designer; Colin Harris, communication specialist; Beth Lowary, University photographer; Lori Moore, office supervisor; and Nicki Cornelius, marketing manager.
The office is part of the APSU Office of Advancement, Communication and Strategic Initiatives, with Derek van der Merwe as vice president.