APSU Sports Information
Clarksville, TN – With the opening day of its fall practice schedule just days away, Austin Peay State University’s (APSU) baseball team will welcome 16 newcomers to the squad for the upcoming campaign.
The 16-man incoming class will feature 10 freshman and six transfers.
Austin Peay Governors baseball has 16-man incoming class for 2019.
Positionally, the newest Governors will provide six pitchers, a pair of two-way players, five outfielders and three infielders.
Seven members of the class hail from Tennessee with another eight states represented, including Alaska, Oregon and Oklahoma along with mainstays Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Georgia and Mississippi.
Other highlights of the class include:
- Luke Brown, of Greenbrier, Tennessee, who was a member of the 2012 Goodlettsville Little League team that won the U.S. Championship at the Little League World Series.
- Gino Avros, of Clarksville, who was a member of the Rossview High School Class AAA State Champions in 2018.
- Tupelo, Mississippi product Drew Hurst, who helped lead his high school to a Mississippi Class A state championship.
- A pair of pitchers from Feather River College – Nolan Monaghan and Tucker Weaver – who helped that program reach the California Community College Northern Super Regionals in 2018.
- Sebastian Martinez, of Port St. Lucie, Florida, who will join his brother David to become the first pair of brothers to play for the Governors since the Harper brothers (Ryne and Reed).
Complete bios for each of the Governors incoming class members can be found by clicking on their names.
2019 Austin Peay Baseball Incoming Class
- Gino Avros, IF, 5-8, 165, Fr., Clarksville, Tenn. / Rossview HS
- Ryan Kouba, IF/RHP, 6-6, 225, Jr., El Reno, Okla. / El Reno HS / Eastern Oklahoma State College
- Drew Hurst, RHP, 6-0, 180, Jr., Tupelo, Miss. / Tupelo Christan Prep / Northwest Mississippi CC
- Luke Brown, RHP, 5-11, 165, Fr., Greenbrier, Tenn. / Springfield HS
- Nolan Monaghan, LHP, 6-2, 175, Jr., Wasilla, Alaska / Wasilla HS / Feather River College (Calif.)
- Griffin Rivers, OF, 6-1, 195, So., Birmingham, Ala. / Pelham HS / Pensacola State College
- Cooper Davidson, RHP, 6-5, 225, Fr., Alpharetta, Ga. / South Forsyth HS
- Sebastian Martinez, RHP/IF, 5-11, 170, Fr., Port St. Lucie, Fla. / Treasure Coast HS
- Garrett Spain, OF, 5-10, 170, Fr., Clarksville, Tenn. / Clarksville HS
- Chase Martin, OF, 6-1, 190, Fr., Collierville, Tenn. / Briarcrest Christian School
- Matt Joslin, OF, 6-1, 190, Fr., Columbia, Tenn. / Spring Hill HS
- Noah Ludy, C, 5-11, 185, So., Marietta, Ga. / Woodland HS / Coastal Alabama CC – East
- Michael Carey, IF, 5-11, 185, Fr., Tinley Park, Ill. / Victor J. Andrew HS
- Tucker Weaver, LHP, 5-9, 160, Jr., Dallas, Ore. / Dallas HS / Feather River College (Calif.)
- Ben Baugh, OF, 6-3, 190, Fr., Cookeville, Tenn. / Cookeville HS
- Drew McIllwain, RHP, 6-0, 195, Fr., Waverly, Tenn. / Waverly Central HS
TopicsAlabama, Alaska, Alpharetta GA, APSU, APSU Athletics, APSU Baseball, APSU Men's Baseball, APSU Sports, Austin Peay State University, Ben Baugh, Birmingham AL, Chase Martin, Clarksville TN, Collierville TN, Columbia TN, cookeville TN, Cooper Davidson, Dallas OR, Drew Hurst, Drew McIllwain, El Reno OK, Florida, Garrett Spain, Georgia, Gino Avros, Governors, Govs, Greeenbrier TN, Griffin Rivers, Illinois, Luke Brown, Marietta GA, Matt Joslin, Michael Carey, Mississippi, Noah Ludy, Nolan Monaghan, Ohio Valley Conference, Oklahoma, Oregon, OVC, Port St. Lucie FL, Ryan Kouba, Sebastian Martinez, Tinley IL, Tucker Weaver, Tupelo MS, Waverly TN