Williamsburg, KY – The Austin Peay State University (APSU) men’s tennis team dropped a 7-0 decision to the University of the Cumberlands, Wednesday, at the UC Tennis Complex.
The Patriots claimed the first three singles points in order, securing the victory.
After falling 6-3 in the first set, Bolton rallied to win his second set from the No. 4 position; however, the Wellington, New Zealand fell, 11-9, in an extended 10-point tiebreaker. Stoker also fell in his third set from the No. 6 singles court after splitting his first two sets.
Results vs. University of the Cumberlands
- Martin Barbier / Eric Banoub (UC) def. Frederic Schlossmann / Anton Damberg (APSU), 6-3
- Giovanni Becchis / Tom Bolton (APSU) def. Mattis Le Montagner / Luis Montull (UC), 6-2
- Martin Muller / Hung-Ju Wu (UC) def. Oliver Andersson / Hogan Stoker (APSU), 7-5
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3*
- Martin Barbier (UC) def. Frederic Schlossmann (APSU), 6-1, 6-4
- Mattis Le Montagner (UC) def. Oliver Andersson (APSU), 6-0, 6-3
- Martin Muller (UC) def. Anton Damberg (APSU), 6-3, 6-3
- Luis Montull (UC) def. Tom Bolton (APSU), 6-3, 3-6, 11-9
- Christian De La Fuente Nodado (UC) def. Giovanni Becchis (APSU), 7-5, 6-2
- Hung-Ju Wu (UC) def. Hogan Stoker (APSU), 2-6, 6-4, 10-4
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3*, 5, 4, 6
Follow the APSU Govs
Next Up For APSU Men’s Tennis
The Austin Peay State University men’s tennis team concludes their nonconference slate against a future ASUN Conference opponent in North Alabama, Saturday, at the Governors Tennis Courts.