Early Registration Discount on Selected Courses
Clarksville, TN – Develop a new skill, explore a new idea, learn a new language, or seek a new career with one of the spring classes from Austin Peay State University’s Center for Extended and Distance Education. Register early and receive a 10 percent discount on selected courses.
Preregistration is required for each course.
- Spanish Language & Culture—Part 1 will meet 6:00pm–8:00pm, Thursdays, April 14th–May 19th at APSU’s McReynolds Building, Room 206. (course $148.00, supply $7.00)
Computer software applications
- MS Excel 2007 Intermediate will meet from 6:00pm–8:00pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays, March 31st–April 14th at APSU’s McReynolds Building, Room 203. (course $127.00, lab $5.00, supply $5.00)
- MS Word 2007 will meet from 6:00pm–8:00pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 19th–May 3rd at APSU’s McReynolds Building, Room 203. (course $127.00, lab $5.00, supply $5.00)
- Cracking the ACT—ACT Test Prep will meet from 9:00am–11:00am, Saturdays, April 30th–May 28th at APSU’s McReynolds Building, Room 203. (course $120.00, lab $5.00, text $32.00)
Information technology certification
- CompTIA A+ Software will meet from 6:00pm–10:30pm, Mondays and Wednesdays, April 13th–May 16th at APSU’s McReynolds Building, Room 101. (course $885.00, lab $10.00)
- HR Certificate—Part 2 will meet from 6:00pm–8:00pm, Thursdays, March 31st–April 28th at APSU’s Claxton Building, Room 306. Classes need not be taken sequentially. (course $120.00, supply $7.00)
- Watercolor Painting Plus, a mixed-media class, will meet from 6:00pm–9:00pm, Thursdays, April 7th–May 12th at APSU’s Clement Building, Room 121. (course $200.00, supply $30.00)
- Starting and Financing a Small Business will meet from 10:00am–1:00pm, Tuesday, April 26th at ACS-ACAP Center, Fort Campbell, KY. (free)
Parenting, health and safety
- Parenting and Divorce, the court-mandated seminar for divorcing parents, will meet in Dickson County from 9:00am–1:00pm, Saturday, April 16th at the Renaissance Center, Room 217. (course $35.00, text $15.00)
- Parenting and Divorce, the court-mandated seminar for divorcing parents, will meet in Montgomery County from 9:00am–1:00pm, Saturday, April 9th and again on April 30th at APSU’s Claxton Building, Room 306. (course $35.00, text $15.00)
The Center partners with Montgomery Rider Education Program in offering a motorcycle rider safety course. For more information or to register, contact the program director, Dee Gleason, at 931-648-2208 between 9:00am and 4:00pm, weekdays.
The Center offers more than 300 new online classes that start every month. Classes last for six weeks, are instructor-led and 100 percent online. For more details, call the Center at 931-221-7816 or visit the website at www.ed2go.com/apsu.
The Center also offers year-round online certificate programs in administrative dental assistant, administrative professional with MOS, business marketing design, Cisco CCNA, digital arts, entrepreneurship, event management and design, forensic computer examiner, grant writing, graphic design, HVAC, home inspection, interior design, lean mastery, medical transcription, medical billing and coding, multimedia design, paralegal certification, personal fitness trainer, pharmacy technician, project management, records management, travel agent, wedding planner and many more. Financial aid is available. For more information, contact the Center by telephone at 931-221-7816 or visit www.apsu.edu/ext_ed.